Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Ascended Angel
Default   #161  
November 30th, Chicago; Base. 12pm.
She was a little bit busy dusting off her clothes when Aiolia fawned over Elek and ignored the two... until elek came over and had a word. She silently scoffed at him for thinking he had any chances at beating her and said nothing as he walked away. With a quick glance at him, she started back to her home to get some rest.
Old Posted 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
December 1st, Chicago; "Polar Bear Cafe".
He ate his ice cream, mulling the peanut butter over in his mouth and against his tongue. It sounded like she had little pieces of happiness in her childhood, which was good. But then she mentioned a graveyard and he found himself interested. "A graveyard?" After saying it, he realized it may have been to see family and not some sort of odd fascination, though that would not surprise him.

He shrugged, "I don't do anything, really." Amante was trying to avoid his part of the story but knew it was unfair. "It's cold and wet, slippery, I don't like it very much. But I do like to walk around and see other people happy. It makes the cause worth fighting for."
Old Posted 06-22-2012, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #163  
Leila nodded, stirring the ice cream in her cup, in seemingly automatic movement. She didn't respond to Amante's question and barely noticed that feeling that gave away he wasn't telling her everything - and even that she let to slip by. The girl stared at the window for a moment more, then suddenly stood up. "I've got to go."

"If I am not back tonight, I will be back early tomorrow's morning. So, don't raise alarm that I have ran away or something," she said, lightly touching Amante's shoulder with fingertips, before rushed over to coat hanger. "Miss! You didn't finish your ice cream! Was it not delicious?" the shopkeeper asked in distraught voice while the girl put on the coat in hurry. "Oh, no, no! Don't worry Mrs. Martha! I just have to be somewhere else." Leila replied, with a quick smile. When bell jingled second time as doors shut, she was already nearly out of the sight.

"That girl... Never seen her rushing like this, she's usually so calm and nice. I hope nothing bad happened to make her run away from your date or meeting, Mister." The elderly lady shook her head, looking at Amante, but then returned to checking the counter's stock.

Meanwhile, Leila rushed down the street, weaving between the people. Her apartment building was not far, so, soon, the girl was driving her small very retro beetle styled car out of the garage. Whatever had gotten into her, was quite strong.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 06-23-2012, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
December 2nd, Chicago; Base.
Yesterday's fight did not quench Aiolia's wish to get better and learn, to develop and become something more than a drag down. After being patched up, she had helped Elek with jobs around the Base, but her thoughts were restless. It was either to swallow her pride and go back to Eve, or train on her own. Aiolia decided to find a middle way, in her own style.

Next morning, she was waiting outside Eve's house, arms crossed across her chest, eyes narrowed. It was clear that she was determined to reach something, whatever that may be. Few people sent awry gazes her way, but Aiolia ignored them fully.
December 3rd, Chicago; Base.
The doctor had finally allowed to take Ryan's arm out of the metal support that held it in the air. He was very glad he was finally allowed to move, although he still needed some help to get in and out of the wheelchair. The doctor had given him a long lecture about how he had been careless and that's why it had come this far, and Ryan had just nodded every now and then in silence.

Pains often bothered him, but he had managed to move his fingers more for the first time this morning, and it felt like a big accomplishment. The doctor and nurses said that he was recovering remarkably fast and Ryan certainly wasn't complaining. Especially now that he could visit Alice. Nurse wheeled him to Alice's room and put him next to her bed. He asked for a radio, but apparently, there was horrible reception down in the sewers (as expected). Ryan was a little upset at that, but decided next time he would get some other music player or a book to read. When the nurse left, his full attention turned to the girl on the bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Ryan asked with a smile. "As you can see, I am getting all better quickly." He was truly happy that he wouldn't have to endure long days in loneliness anymore, even if Alice wouldn't talk much.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-23-2012, 05:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Default   #165  
He didn't stop her as she hurried out and simply watched, soon looking to the lonely remains of her ice cream and then to the shopkeeper. He didn't try to change her mind on whether it was a date or a meeting or anything else and stood up, walking over to the counter. He fished through his pocket and took out a few crumpled dollars, "Could I get a to-go cup of what she was having?"

With a fresh ice cream in his hand and his old one in the other, he hurried along the street until he caught her scent and followed it... He passed by an apartment building as the sun set and sniffed around. Her scent was all over it but she wasn't here. He continued up the street, following after her.
Old Posted 06-23-2012, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
The door handle jiggle and she popped the door open, locking it from the inside and then stepping out. She paused, the door shutting behind her, and she placed a hand on her hip. "Are you trying to intimidate me, or did I suddenly do something wrong?" She was mocking Aiolia and was obviously not very keen on being looked at with such fervor.

Alice was asleep when he was wheeled in and lay in silence until the conversation about the radio had been dealt with. She'd stirred and woke up, lethargically rubbing at her eyes to clean them. Blinking, eyes now refreshed, she looked over at Ryan and smiled. He did look so much better and she was excited.

Not wanting to hurt him or put any weight on his arm, she lay her hand on the edge of the bed, giving him support from a distance, though she knew at least his shoulder or arm would give a much better feeling. Though, his metal arm was closer and she did not want to damage it. He'd just completed his procedure and had his rest, after all.
Old Posted 06-23-2012, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #167  
It was a good two hour drive to her destination, and Leila wasn't going to make it any longer by going slow. She didn't even turn the music on. The sun slowly set, although it was hard to see behind the gray cloud shield covering the sky. Only the very edge of sky turned colorful and lit up.

Reaching Milwaukee, Leila stopped by a small flower shop. It had been there, as long as she remembered her self. Her father used to buy flowers for his wife there, sometime when they were on talks too. Her mother didn't like cut flowers very much - she felt sorry for them -, but Leila couldn't go to graveyard without a single flower. So, she bought four white roses, as usually. They had no scent, and while they were beautiful, it felt as if they lacked the frail soul of the flowers.

Her further drive was much slower, as Leila took in the details of the downtown. If she would take a turn there, and then a few to the left, she would come to see what was left of her house... Her heart clenched at the thought, and she didn't drive that way. After about ten more minutes, on the very edge of the downtown, she stopped, at large and intricate fence. Leila parked card, took the flowers and stepped outside. The girl stood still at the open gates for a moment, but then walked in.

Leila's walked slowly, but without a doubt, until she came to the far end of the graveyard. Only people from the big families that had resided here for long, long time, were buried here. One by one, she put the roses on four graves and stood in silence, staring at the gravestones.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-23-2012, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
"No." Aiolia said stiffly, her arms still crossed across chest.
"This is just a small statement."
"I am going to join your group training. And not this 'prove your worth' crap."
She stared in Eve's eyes, but there was no challenge, only a pure, steely determination. Whatever the other woman was going to throw at her, she would take it, make it larger and throw it back at Eve. It didn't take powers to become somebody others reckoned with. And she was about to prove that to whole Base, whole country, if needed to be.
Ryan smiled at her and then slowly, carefully wheeled around to the other side of the bed and shifted his chair so that his good arm would be on her side. He then put his hand on her bad and took hers with it, gently. "I am very glad to see you really awake. I guess that alone means you're feeling better. I will figure some way to keep you entertained, you know. Since there is no garden I could show you or anything." The man sighed heavily, glancing at the window. "I miss the sunlight." He really did. Growing up on streets, he was used to sunlight, wind blowing. Yes, it often carried more foul stench than the one down here, but there was still a chance to flee the city, to live somewhere else one day... But what expected them now, Ryan didn't have the slightest of idea.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-23-2012, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Default   #169  
December 1st, Chicago
He continued a few more miles past her apartment and realized she'd gone quite a ways out. He knew he should continue and follow after her but... he didn't think it wise. Deciding to head back down into the sewers, he headed to the outpost she had been assigned to and found her tent. Placing the ice cream on top of her little table, he wandered out and found a little corner in the sewer nearby.

Plopping down, he finished off his ice cream and wondered about where she went. He would get plenty of answers once she returned, whether she would want to give him answers or not.
Old Posted 06-23-2012, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Eve scoffed, "Fine. You can join up." She gave a shrug, "But they won't be easy on you... and don't look at me like you have any chance of besting me." She pushed past Aiolia and continued down toward the training area. "We start in five minutes. Be early if you're serious."

Even if Aiolia did not plan on challenging Eve, she could still see the possibility in those eyes. The blond was determined and wanted to become better, which was reasonable, but still not enough to win at anything.

Relieved and even excited that he'd switched sides, she gripped onto his hand and eased herself against the few pillows propping her up. She rest her head back and faced him, smiling as it spoke, Her thumb stroked over his hands and she let her eyes close, listening to him and see pretty pictures in his mind of flowers, gardens and little waterfalls.
Old Posted 06-23-2012, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #171  
December 1st & 2nd, Chicago. Sewer #17.
When Amante attempted to enter Leila's tent, he was faced with pitch black wall under the tent flaps. "Without Lady's permisssssion, no one entersss." The voice was quiet, barely audible, but it was laced with hostility. The darkness moved for a second, as if something in it wanted to attack him, but then it returned to normal position.

Leila, in the mean time, spent an hour and half in the graveyard. When she got in car, she was frozen to the bone, but her heart felt a little more at peace. When she was there and talked, it felt a bit like they really could hear her, as if it was easier to access all the memories of her family together. Of course, it was a mere mind created illusion, but just for one time a year, Leila thought she was allowed to delve into it.

Drive back was slow, filled with soft music and deep feeling of longing and loneliness. The further she went away from the graveyard, the deeper it went. Frustrated, the girl tried to think about her burned down house, about the people at fault, but instead of rage, Leila simply felt hopeless. After the car was put in its place and she had taken her bag with now finished medicine, the girl slipped into shadows, where familiar feeling and warmth wrapped around her. This form of travel was much faster and after a little while, Leila was already in the sewers, and soon - at the outpost.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-24-2012, 11:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Aiolia quickly caught up with Eve. The way she had spoken had annoyed Aiolia, and she wasn't going to hold back what she thought any longer. Even if there would be a fight she would definitely lose, as the outcome.
"You are made by your powers. Without them, you are worse than many here. Elek went easy on you, because you're a "lady". It's your power's brutal force and few underhanded moves that get you victory in trainings, nothing else."
With that, Aiolia's pace quickened and she went ahead, only pausing for a moment, to look back at Eve, with the same steely determination. Only now her expression seemed a bit more distant, as if she was putting something between Eve and her with these words.
"I join your group as this way, I can fight many at the same time and improve trough that. Not because you are very skilled, because you aren't."
About minute later, Aiolia stood among other 'students' and although they looked at her slightly warily, or others in unnecessary pride, thinking about how they beat her up yesterday, no one bothered her.
"You know, I had this strange dream few nights ago," Ryan talked, not expecting a response. He knew Alice was listening and following his words, and that's what matter. Some day, they would have a real conversation, he was sure. "You came into my room and we talked for some time. At first, I thought it was reality, but it seems you still feel too weak to do that. But I feel happy about it anyways, I am now sure you will be all better someday."

He gave her a warm, reassuring smile. "And then, when all this rebellion trouble is over, I will find a way to show you the world."
"If we make it out alive... No, Alice will survive, I will make sure of that," the man thought. It felt so simple and nice, to plan future, and Ryan didn't even realize how quickly he included this girl in his visions. It just felt right.

Ryan was quite naive when it came to relationships and love. He had never had time to really fall in love and get attached to someone. The man had had a few crushes throughout his life, mostly in teenage years, but then eating and surviving took priority over heart matters. So, Ryan didn't realize he was on the very edge - or already over it - of falling into a strange love with Alice.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-24-2012, 11:21 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Default   #173  
December 1st & 2nd, Chicago. Sewer #17.

Annoyance scribbled all over his face, he grumbled something and held out the container of ice cream, "I was just bringing this to her." He didn't like that the shadows were so aggressive with him. It was truly unnecessary and, quite frankly, it was starting to piss him off.

Amante set the little container down nearby and pointed at it, "Do your job and keep it cold." Without another word, he stepped out of the tent and headed off to one of the nearby tunnels to sit down and relax.
Old Posted 06-24-2012, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Aiolia had started pushing buttons she shouldn't have. Eve caught up without giving any inkling of movement and grabbed Aiolia by the throat, walking forward with her until she was forced up against a wall. "Don't think that because I'm employed by Elek that I will go easy on either of you, or your people."

Her grip on Aiolia tightened, "And talking down to someone like me isn't suggested." Her grip tightened again, "My powers give me an edge. You don't know me and you don't know what I'm capable of," She watched, squeezing more until Aiolia's eyes began to bulge, and then she let go, dropping Aiolia to the ground. "Dogs like you get put down." She sealed her side of the debate with a kick to Aiolia's side, "Watch your mouth." Dusting off one of her arms, she turned to the rest of the group. "Pick a partner and work on your blocking exercises."

She looked confused as he spoke about his dream because... well, she had the same one. Perplexed, she continued to listen, seemingly dazed, until he made a mention of the future. He wanted to show her the world and the idea sounded beautiful. Her skin warmed up as she beamed at him, gripping his hand tighter and soon bringing it to her cheek. She obviously loved the idea of traveling, especially with him.
Old Posted 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #175  
Aiolia's hand clawed at Eve's, leaving deep bloody scratches. The others watched with small horror, but mostly interested on juicy details. When the girl fell to the ground, everyone was about to turn back to their exercises, thinking that now all the drama was done and Aiolia would give up, and emotionally bow down to Eve. But she wasn't the kind of girl to do.

Aiolia stood up, coughed once and then grabbed Eve's arm, hurting her and pulled her around. It was so sudden that Eve was most likely unprepared for it and yielded. "You think you proved anything with this little power display? Think again. You might if you can best me, without using your powers when I am healthy. Let's see who has the 'edge' then." With a smirk, Aiolia let Eve go and went off to find her partner for the exercise.

When Elek later found about the whole ordeal, he felt rather guilty. In a way, he was the beginning of this all, and the man knew it. He just hadn't thought it would lead to something like this... But there was hardly any chance that he could settle it down between both woman. Especially since he didn't know all the details or reasons... Aiolia refused to talk about them, and now on top of her training, regular duties, she trained extra hard any free moment. Elek didn't want to read her mind to find what had fueled her so, especially since he had a very uneasy, nagging feeling.
Ryan was happy to see Alice so bright and hopeful. It brought him some hope as well. He brushed his thumb lightly over her light cheek, smiling softly. She was really beautiful when she smiled like this, and seemed so happy. Ryan wanted to make her smile and feel like this, often. Every day, every moment, if possible. It would not come easy, but for such a smile, it was worth it.

The man was about to say something, when someone walked in. "Sorry if I interrupted," Elek cleared his throat, obviously feeling awkward. Ryan withdrew hand and his pale cheeks colored. It felt like someone else had seen a side of him he prefer to keep secret. "I wanted to have few words with you, about your role here, and nurse said you were here." Elek rubbed back of his head. It seemed like he had barged on a quite tender moment and he had to wonder, if he was failing promise given to Amante.

"Ah, alright. We can talk about it in my room," Ryan nodded and then squeezed Alice's hand lightly. "I will come back later, and certainly tomorrow. Rest and get better." He smiled at her and then slowly wheeled towards doors, which Elek held open for him.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-24-2012, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
December 2nd, Chicago. Sewer #17.
Tired, weary, cold - inside and out -, Leila neared the outpost, now in human form. Her head was spinning slightly, from lack of 'boosts'. She was already starting to feel few withdrawal symptoms and spending time at her family's grave had made her feel guilty about ever beginning them. "I did it for them, though... Always, everything for them. And still, they wouldn't approve, would they," the girl thought heavily.

Too tired to really notice things around her, for an unfortunate change, Leila turned around corner and basically tripped over Amante. Only in the last moment she managed to regain her balance, but for a moment she looked very shocked and stood in rather funny pose. Blush rising to her cheeks, Leila moved around him, smoothing down her dress.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 06-24-2012, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote