Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Dragon Storm
Default   #1761  
Romantic or comedic?
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-04-2016, 06:06 PM  
It's ALIVE
Something that doesn't make me feel to heavily would be nice

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 06:38 PM  
It's over 9000!
Default   #1763  
Gauchamon maybe? (If I spelled that right)

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 06:55 PM  
Pixels
You could watch some Ranma! :3

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 06:58 PM  
It's ALIVE
Default   #1765  
Are either of those available on funimation or CR right now XD

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 07:00 PM  
Pixels
ah no just hulu. . . xD

I'd also say I My Me Strawberry Eggs! But it's . . . you'd have to stream it from somewhere.

what aboutttt myriad colors phantom world? it's pretty casual ouo

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 07:45 PM  
Dragon Storm
Default   #1767  
Romance...Spice and Wolf...
Hmm...no, that one involves fighting suicide...no, that one involves fighting suicide...no, that involves the destruction of humanity...okay, I need more romance anime...

Comedy...well, the sheer stupidity of Plastic Nee-san gets me laughing, but it is a 5/10 at best. (Pupa anime is a 4/10 on my list)...umm...

Edit: Oh, and the Abridged series for horror anime are good.
"Why are you dressed like a reject Vocaloid character?"
__

__

Last edited by Lawtan; 04-04-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old Posted 04-04-2016, 08:19 PM  
It's ALIVE
Pupa sounds familar to me was it a super gory one? Me and lee were watching one and it got taken off CR almost 3 years ago.... all I can vaguely remember is a brother and sister or lovers? and one of them turns into a monster and eats the other in a park?.....hmmmm...
I thought it was parasyte maxim at first, but after I watched that all the way through I knew it wasn't....
Lee and I also started spice and wolf but it was moving a tad bit to slow for us on that day and I haven't picked it up since, but it's been less then a year so it's all good XD

Glitch tell me more about myriad colors and what platform it is on
and Law plastic nee-san seems intriguing enough from the title XD

On another sidenote send me any anime you know has to do with dolls.
because that's one of my secret addictions if dolls. just sayin.

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 08:33 PM  
Pixels
Default   #1769  
Rozen Maiden? XD It's all dolls all the time.

I'm sure you've already seen it.

xD

Myriad Colors --- uhm some virus got out and made it so everyone can see spirits. The spirits do goofy things. Children born after the virus got out have strange powers that they can use to "fight" the phantoms. There's like a little girl who ends up in a phantom world with her teddy bear, and all the phantoms are teddy bears. There's another where they have to play limbo with some telephone poll phantoms. I think it is kind of cute but I only watch it when I don't want to be heartfelt invested in something xD

There's some super weird anime on hulu i tried watching the other day . . . I made it through 1 whole episode. It was about a girl who has agoraphobia (i think?) where she can't leave her house. So she had a brother cam and she can see the world wherever her brother goes. But her brother like always has his face covered, and for some reason, the entire world turned into chocolate. It was . . . it was too weird.

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 08:46 PM  
Dragon Storm
Oh! Yay! Another doll-person! *Hugs Little Miss No Name*

Pupa is...well rather poor as an anime adaptation goes. But yeah, cannibal Cthulhu sister turns brother into infinite flesh regenerating monster...and the rest of the plot seems made up for drama and full of plot holes.

Oh, Plastic Nee-san is essentially 30 minutes of one shot skits surrounding three miniature model enthusiasts that have no clue about life. It is very "what the hell?"

Spice and Wolf is my sort of romance - slow buildup but human in quality. A mix of different things. Also, there is actual chemistry, and not of the "Romeo and Juliet" kind.

Hulu has some odd anime. Tower of Druaga was like 40% "Okay, enough with the hentai!" and 60% Final Fantasy based on the Epic of Gilgamesh. And Tears to Tiara was a recreated Arthurian/Irish folklore...with enough hanging on from being adapted from a harem game to include bad characters that got in the way of an interesting story. Still recommend both. Only anime to mention Arwyn & Taliesin or to quote Gilgamesh while exploring the "You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain" theme. Add that they did the "Angels are single minded and easily mistaken" and "Gods are just super high tech aliens" without being "Cthulhu" right.
__

__

Last edited by Lawtan; 04-04-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old Posted 04-04-2016, 08:46 PM  
Pixels
Default   #1771  
Kokoro Connect is kind of about dolls.

Angelic Layer is about dolls.

I did a google search
Fantastia Dolls came up.
Hacka Doll

I made an amv for rozen maiden once, nobody had really seen it yet and everyone in the convention kept saying "it's some show about dolls....?" they were not impressed.

xD

Kimi Ni Todoke is my favorite romance anime at the moment.

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 08:50 PM  
It's ALIVE
I've been looking at kokoro but had no idea in the slightest it would have anything to do with the sort.
I was interested in rozen maiden but after looking at the extra things happening in the series seemed like to much to handle at one time (between the version where he says yes and the version where he says no, and then the sequel to top it off)
and who is no name law XD
edit: woah law. those eyes >.>
I actually repaint monster high dolls every so often, but my main collection is of porcelain dolls.

Have Au and some Runes

Last edited by SparX; 04-04-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old Posted 04-04-2016, 09:08 PM  
Pixels
Default   #1773  
Selector --- kind of cards mixed with angelic layer.

Just watch Rozen Maiden and uhm Rozen Maiden . . traumend??? (i can't remember) that's like season 1 and season 2 xD I never watched the other stuff. I think it was a really great show ;~;

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 09:41 PM  
It's ALIVE
rozen maiden not rozen maiden (2013?) correct? I'm going off what mal says but the internet can be wrong sometimes XD

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 09:51 PM  
Pixels
Default   #1775  
http://www.crunchyroll.com/rozen-maiden

This is the first and second season ^_^

I guess the newer one is kind of like what they did with full metal alchemist and full metal alchemist brotherhood.

The new season is like supposed to be more in line with the manga where Rozen Maiden strayed away from it.

But I liked it!

EDIT: also judging by the comments and ratings, 90% of persons liked season 1 and 2 and thought this new one wasn't very good.

Old Posted 04-04-2016, 10:12 PM  
It's over 9000!
Old Posted 04-05-2016, 12:30 AM  
Closed Thread