Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Crowned Morning Sun
Default My First Tattoo   #1  
I just took the plunge and got a tattoo. It took approximately eight years to figure out what I wanted as I was scared to get something that would wind up tired and old... Essentially, how I'd feel if I got a tattoo that had no reason whatsoever and wind up being just a blemish rather than a meaning.

I picked one out. It is the silver cross that I bought for my grandmother almost five years ago and it's called the "Eternal Love Cross" by James Avery, a renown Christian Silversmith here in Texas. It has two meanings to me. My family and my religion.

Here's the image link: Eternal Love Cross

I put it on my left foot so that it would be less noticeable (as I do work for a living) and be half covered with my shoes as well as being closer to my heart than my right foot.

So... what do you guys think?

Discuss:
Do you have a tattoo (or more than one)? If so tell us about your first (or only) one.
Have you thought about getting a tattoo? If so, what would you want to get?
If you don't want a tattoo, want to explain your reason why?
I am a female. Therefore please use 'she'.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Out of curiousity....did you post this on Crysandrea?

-thinks I saw this there too-
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #3  
*blushes* Uh... yeah... I was excited and kinda wanted to talk about it both places.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 05:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Okay....well I commented on it there....so you can read it there lol
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #5  
*grins* I did. I even responded.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
I love your design, and the meaning behind it...I'm impressed you put it on your foot cause I hear that hurts A LOT! I've avoided feet and hands cause of that.

I've currently got two tattoos, Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes, he's on his back asleep, and above him is Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. She's curled up watching him. Both have a couple different meanings for me.

Hobbes: Tigers are my favourite animal, and I often see people with 'fierce' or 'attacking' ones, but when I think of tigers I think of them sleeping and lazing about. I also love the balance of tigers and dragons for the Yin and Yang, so he's my Yin.

Maleficent: My all time favourite movie is Sleeping Beauty, and Maleficent is the best baddie there is! Next, I love her dragon form, it's so traditionally European it's not even funny. It also is the Yang of my balance.

They're both on my back. I can't really see them unless I contort, but that's okay, I know they're there, and they hide well in most the things I wear. As a costumer that's a biiiiiig thing for me, it's also part of what's stopping me from getting my third tattoo.

The third one I want is a sketch of my last cat with angel wings. He was a blue-Persian whom I adored, and I even drew the picture myself(and it's better than anything I've ever done). The downside is I don't know where to put it. I would love to put it on my back, opposite my heart, because he'll always be there with me, but that would put it smack dab in plain view in some of my outfits. I've no issue with visible tattoos, but I don't want to forgo wearing certain things until he heals.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #7  
Well, since I didn't say what my tattoo is...

It's a rose (black and shaded in a bit) with my dad's name underneath it.

Everyone on the internet seems to hate it so there will be no picture posted here. Since I love it when people say my tattoo is shitty when it's for my dead dad. >w<
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
what??! who in the world would say that?? Well, I personally think it's awesome, so they can buzz off
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 07-18-2011, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #9  
People on Gaia were mean about it. I'm sorry it isn't colorful or extremely intricate or big....but that isn't what I wanted. I wanted something for my dad. Something simple (he was simple-not like he was stupid....just born in the 40s....and that was a different simple time you know? to some extent at least) and something I can hide. I got that I was happy.
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
O.o I guess I don't get how people can feel that their OPINION is more valid than yours. I mean, it's on YOUR body, if it makes you happy, it's perfect!

Old Posted 07-18-2011, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #11  
Yeah, but that's Gaia for you. If you aren't following the same way they are....you're wrong. And they'll make you feel like shit for asking a question. I learned then, no questions, no pictures, nothing on Gaia that I actually care about.

And thank you :3
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
I really like your tattoo. C: It was smart to get it somewhere that is easy to hide because some employers do not allow visible tattoos.

I do have a tattoo. I had wanted it for a while and ended up getting it for my 20th birthday. It's a set of wings on my shoulder blades that kind of look like metal or something somewhat demonic. xD Not that I am super into dark things... but I do like the look better than if they were angel wings. I don't really have a decent picture of them except for my ID on my deviant Art.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Keyblade Master
Default   #13  

I'm never getting a tattoo. I just don't like them. Congrats to you though for getting one.

Old Posted 07-18-2011, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Fey: It didn't hurt near as bad as I thought it would, so... *shrugs* I love your current ones if I'm visualizing them right. And you have another yin yang type of symbology as Hobbes is cutesy and Malificent is evil. XD I feel much the same way about my first cat as you do about yours, but I wouldn't get her tattooed, personally. Not that I don't love her, but I think it'd be kinda bad to do so on my part as she died when I wouldn't have been able to get one (as I was like ten years old).

Yokuutsu: My parents aren't thrilled with the tattoo, but the whole purpose is to be pleased with my own decision. A majority of my family does like it, so it's fine in that department. You got your tattoo for your father in rememberance. Quite honestly, eff them that don't like it as it's your body. So long as you have a reason, then it's a good tattoo.

Taiki: Your wings look really nice. They're some of the best I've seen, actually, as I've seen some that just look... bleh. There was one girl that got multi colored pastel wings and I thought they were kinda dumb, really. Yours look nice. And my ultimate boss is kinda conservative, so I kinda wanted to be deferential to him in some ways on the issue as I do like being at this company. Not that he'd fire me over a tattoo. He's kinda like the papa of the company. But I didn't want some obnoxious obvious tattoo because I do work.

Sora: Then don't get one! XD I'm joking slightly. It is up to the person whether or not they get one and if you don't like them, you don't like them and don't let anyone persuade you otherwise. *blushes* Gosh... don't I sound high and mighty? *laughs* And thank you.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #15  
I completely forget that I have a picture of mine...they'll one day get selective colouring, but I'm still torn on what and where.

I did always love the dichotomy of it, in the yin/yang the dragon is wisdom/knowledge, the tiger is action/fighting. Mine are sort've the opposite, at least in obvious demeanor.

And, it's hard to explain my last cat. I have friends that were allergic/anti cat and they loved him. And not just because they were my friends and he was my cat. He was an amazing soul, and I know he's still with me, I sometimes catch glimpses of him, or feel him curl up beside me in the night. And that's really saying something since I don't really believe in ghosts.

Old Posted 07-19-2011, 11:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
I remember this one time I saw our cat, Mama Kitty, out of the corner of my eye. It'd been a while since she had died and when I saw this gray shade of a cat (she was black) out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look. There was nothing there and I just inexplicably started to cry. They (loved ones in general, not just animals) never really leave us. That was sort of the idea with my tattoo as well. I didn't want them to leave me, even if it was only a symbol I had. Granted, my grandmother is still alive, but her husband isn't. My second cousin Buddy is someone I never met but wished I had. Too many have died that I'll miss forever.

I like your tattoo, though I think it does need color.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM Reply With Quote