Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2019 Reading Challenge (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23663)

Derpy McBlueEyes 04-16-2019 01:58 AM

Derpy waddles in and climbd up on Trystan's lap. "Read me story pwease?"

trystan830 04-16-2019 09:49 AM

oh hey there Derpy. want me to read the Fellowship of the Ring? i'm almost done! =)

Derpy McBlueEyes 04-16-2019 08:07 PM

"Yeah!" Derpy bounces excitedly for a few moments before settling down to listen.

trystan830 04-16-2019 08:11 PM

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Merskelly Metalien 04-16-2019 08:25 PM

o.o *quietly slips in and sits to listen too* Ohhh, this is a good story. ovo

trystan830 04-16-2019 08:51 PM

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Quiet Man Cometh 04-17-2019 12:50 AM

Is that the book or the film? ;). It's been a while since I've read it.

I returned all of my books! Except my one horror book. Including the stuff I wanted to actually read. Bibliography is done. Last test is written. One more paper to go before it's ALL done.

My anthology of classic horror is in transit, along with a copy of "The Conjuring." I've been making use of the library's collection of horror movies. I forget that they have a good pile of films etc. to borrow, and for free! Hopefully they're got season 3 of Bones.

Kaderin Triste 04-17-2019 04:10 AM

Another book done! Only 2 more to finish by the end of the month to get caught up!
XD

Awww....what a good boy, Derpy. Maybe we can start The Fellowship of the Ring next so you're not confused. 😃
Also, we should continue with the Redwall series! And the Edge Chronicles!

trystan830 04-17-2019 10:22 AM

Quiet Man - i looked for quotes from Fellowship of the Ring on goodreads, so i'd like to figure they're from the book. for movie quotes, i like to use imdb =)

Kaderin Triste 04-19-2019 12:02 AM

Tbh, now I really do want to re-read the Fellowship of the Ring. I haven't actually read it since probably high school. Of course then I'll want to read the rest of the book, too, but I don't think I actually have them. Although I could go get them at the library.

trystan830 04-19-2019 12:44 AM

ah very cool. i have the Hobbit and the three volumes of the Lord of the Rings. my younger daughter has the Silmarillion, and i'm debating reading that one ... eventually. =)

Quiet Man Cometh 04-19-2019 12:48 AM

My favourite part of finally getting around to reading The Hobbit, is the part where they ask the eagles for help.

The say no.

Merskelly Metalien 04-19-2019 12:54 AM

:o Ouhhhh Redwall! I remember that from grammar school! :D It was turned into an animated show on PBS kids! Only saw it in bits and pieces, but it was really good. Really cool for a kids show, and wasn't pandering to an immature audience like a lot of cartoons might have, and it had that epic intro.
<x] Maybe I'll read it all the way through if I can get my hands on a copy of it.

Quiet Man Cometh 04-19-2019 01:21 AM

The animated show is the only reason I ever knew about it.

Kaderin Triste 04-19-2019 01:24 AM

Tbh, I only found out about the show a few months ago when I was at my friend's house and saw it when we were flipping channels...
>.>
But I didn't actually get to watch it because we didn't have a lot of time before he had to go to work and we had plans to watch the latest Johnny English movie.

Merskelly Metalien 04-19-2019 01:58 AM

:D It's a good show. I'm only sad that I never got to like it when I was a kid because I didn't watch it as much as I watched other shows. :/ So I have to get to enjoy it in adulthood. x}