View Single Post
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
Espy - What can I say? There's something about the combination of that crappy, unfiltered ice in those weird plasti-paper cups that makes a taste you just can't replicate.

I'm retyping this post because it got eaten in last night's routine maintenance.

Back in...fourth grade, or something, my elementary school had one of its annual walk-arounds (walk-athon, whatever). There were prizes (really shitty prizes) for reaching lap milestones, and the reward for two laps or something was a cup of orange juice.

So the volunteers for the event (my mom included) did the usual and went around local fast food chains and other restaurants to get donations. McDonald's was our go-to for juice and beverages, so they gave us two huge barrels of "orange juice".

I was way slower than most kids at the time (still am, but, eh), and by the time I'd hit the milestone for the orange juice, it was...pretty warm. And hence the drinks were also pretty warm. But I was too tired/thirsty to really care, and so I got a tiny paper cup of the stuff, drank some, and....ew.

It was really, really nasty.

The stuff was this clear, orange...liquid. Kind of like liquid orange jello, before you stick it in the fridge. I ran over to my dad and demanded he try it, and basically take what was left.

I don't think much of the stuff got drank that day. Most of the stuff that did, was probably by parents, whose kids also complained to them and gave them their still-very-full cups.

Yeah, the stuff was pretty damn terrible.

Years later, I mentioned this to my mom, and we figured that Mickey D's had given us barrels of orange soda powder, mixed with water. It wasn't even carbonated (that would have just been orange soda, I guess). It was worse than warm, flat orange soda.

-shudders-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-17-2016, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote