View Single Post
The Weaver of Tales
Default Great Gobbling Grabbers! [It's a contest, I swear.]   #1  
My dearest Trisphee Family. Today, we kick off the event meant to share the love and togetherness..

-ducks a tomato-

that only a feast can bring to the table. The warmth of..

-dodges an egg-

those that love us and nurture us, not just our immediate family. There is a long-standing tradition in these days, to..

-jumps out of the way of a ham-

honor a simple bird who has become a staple of this time of year. The simple, beautiful, delicious Turkey. With all this slinging of random food items, I thought it would be nice to take the time out of our lives to admire a tradition that has been passed down through ages of schoolchildren in an attempt to..

-steps to the side to avoid a pizza slice-

give the sweet teachers a day to rest and relax. So it's time to go back to pre-and/or-middle school, and get our art on!

Mind the flying veggies, as you recreate one of the simplest Turkey-Day crafts out there. The Hand-Turkey. The premise - in case you have forgotten - is simple. You take a piece of paper or card-stock, trace your hand, and cut it out, decorating it to (sometimes, depending on the child) resemble the bird we all eat at this time of year.

Well, this contest is similar. Only the method is up to you. I want to see your best Gobblers! Use a paint program, use someone else's hand, make it out of clay, I don't care. It has to adhere to four rules.

1. It must at least look like a turkey and a hand had a baby.
2. It must be YOUR OWN WORK. No copying things from the internet.
3. Real pictures are fine, but avoid anyone's faces!
4. Have fun! And yes, this is a rule. XD

I'll be judging on three categories, each with separate prizes!

MOST CREATIVE: [Prize: Ink Mage]

MOST ACCURATE TURKEY: [Prize: Albert F-15]

MOST HUMOROUS: [Prize: Birdbath]

So get out there, make me some hand-turkeys! Contest ends when the event ends, and not a moment sooner! Prizes will be handed out when the winners are decided, which will be announced in this thread. ^^
Old Posted 11-20-2016, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote