View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #9  
When Ian spotted Aren, alone, the ginger man relaxed, he wore a grey tank top under a faded green flannel shirt with only a few buttons done up to keep the shirt in place, ragged jeans covered his legs, the close shows signs of wear and tear…. More than the workout clothes he’d been seen in this morning. He had his hunting knife strapped to his thigh as he scanned hsi green eyes up and down Aren after the young man introduced himself.

“Ian McLocke...I have three simple rules for outside the walls kid….” Ian held up one finger. “Stick close to me, be my shadow if you need to.” He held up a second finger. “If you hear anything clicking stand still and hold your breath till I give the all clear.” He held up the final third finger. “And finally, don’t hesitate to shoot. Not for anything or anyone.” Ian kept eye contact with Aren as he spoke, his own gun rested in a pocket in his pack, easily accessed if you knew where it was.

Once that was settled Ian lead the way INTO the storage closet, to the far back where the light was shotty and there seemed to be a few things laying up against the wall, with a grunt Ian moved a flimsy wooden panel, revealing a hole in the wall that was a short drop downward. “There are unused sub areas all over the city, military doesn't think to seal them up properly…” Ian explained as they dropped down, Ian could always pull himself up easily form the short height on the way back. The ginger haired man turned on the flashlight on his shoulder to light their way.

It took then a good 30 minutes of walking in underground tunnels before they heard the chirping of birds, and the rays of sunlight filtered through the floor of a old clothing store a good distance outside the city. Once outside Ian took a big breath os more clean air then they had in the city. Plants had overtaken the streets, not the fungia thankfully, just normal plant life, the ones that provide clean and breathable air. The shop face they had left said H&M on it, Ian just remembered that it was a popular clothing store when he had been little… not much else… and there were still cloths, lightly dusted and weathers on the racks around them.

Cars where left abandoned in the streets and somewhere over turned and Ian fished a hidden gun out from the back seat of one of the cars, it was more a rifle then his little pistol, he and a few of the other smugglers had a unspoken code where they left some things outside the walls for other smugglers to use.

“Ok…. we’re outside the walls, I get the feeling you’re not interested in plain old mushrooms….I hope you have some sort of mask filter thing on ya cuz there are gonna be tones of spores where we’re going.” Ian said looking down the sites of the rifle, checking the magazine and bullet count before nodded to himself. Looking back at Aren for confirmation or denial of that the younger man wanted to look for.
Old Posted 05-21-2018, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote