View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #15  
“Those are big words that i only get the general idea about there Aren.” Ian said evenly, his green eyes wide behind the mask, he’d never heard so many big words… but the Cordyceps word sounded familiar enough that he knew what it meant… and it made sense with how it acted with the human body now. “I’d still wear gloves handling any of this shite.” Ian said, he had put on some old worn leather gloves after he’d put on his mask. He’d been down here without the gloves before and his hands itched for days after...

Ian made a thoughtful noise at the idea… that could work actually… he knew a few spots that looked like complete dumps on the outside enough that no one bothered to check them any more. One place even had a old safe, one that Ian had found the old combo for… and then reset it to one he would know by heart.

“Do you have enough samples? Cause it will take a bit to actually get to a place I have in mind for your little lab.” His words were not spoken in a way that looked down on the other’s brains… since the lab space would be small the words seemed appropriate to the ginger male.

Ian began to lead the way back up into the light, the shadows where growing long and Ian knew that they’d be spending the night at the place he had in mind for this lab setup. “We’ll spend the night at the location I have in mind...but we need to hurry before the army patrols roll out… they always start when the sun in low.” Ian said before they went the opposite direction of the way they’d come.

Through two more rundown buildings and Ian having to use a long metal rod to gently move a bear trap that had been left in the street out of their path, slow and cautious as to not trigger the thing. Ian walked up to the old store front of a abandoned store, its name was faded but inside there were shelves of old things, books, dolls, cloths, it was a small shop, and Ian lead the way to the back room that looked cleaner then the rest of the place. Ian closed the door behind Aren and rolled his shoulders, relaxing a heck ton more then he’d been outside.

“This is one of my ‘safe’ houses. I only use it when i know I’ll be spending the night outside the wall…. It’s off the grid enough that the patrols avoid it and the other scavengers have picked it over enough that they know there is nothing left….” Ian shrugged off his backpack and carefully paid it and the rifle against a wall. There were old tall candles around the back room, ones that Ian had used before instead of a generator.

Ian pulled off the walkie talkie he had and used it. The static filled voice of his brother crackled to life. “Ian hey you staying out?” Tristan asked with a sleeping note to this voice and Ian smiled.

“Yeah… my walk went longer than i thought it would so I’m staying with a friend. Sleep well Pup… and keep an eye out for Gustav in the east tunnel….” Ian said and Tristan made a affirmative noise before Ian put the small device away.
Last edited by PurpleBox; 06-04-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old Posted 06-04-2018, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote