View Single Post
petite fantaisiste
Default   #9  
Luck faked languidness and walked into a side hallway when he knew no one was watching. His destination was room 404.

Luck entered the room and closed the door discreetly behind him. He walked over to the cabinet were they kept textbooks and snuck one out. He'd been sneaking into cabinets a lot these days. No one could know he was trying to study. It didn't do for his reputation. He refused to be caught studying. But it also didn't do for him to fail a year. People made fun of flunkies. A flunkie who beat people up didn't gain any advantages. A flunkie got beat up instead. Even if they didn't get physically beat up, they got mentally beat up. Same thing either way. Luck needed to graduate besides. If he got caught beating kids up as a flunkie adult still in high school, he would get called to the principle's office for sure. That, or they'd call the authorities. Flunkies didn't get sympathy.

Luck cracked open the textbook in his hand and snarled. Graphing, trigonometry, sines, cosines, tangents, cotangents, secants, cosecants. He was supposed to have learned those months ago, yet he still didn't understand it.

The doorknob made a clacking sound. Someone was entering. Luck threw the textbook into the cabinet and hastily closed it, then sat as if lazily in a chair, his feet propped up.

A gangling looking teenager in a ridiculous blazer walked in.
"Blitzel." Luck remarked.
"Boss!" Blitzel lookd genuinely startled. Then a little happy. "You doing anything today?" He asked, eagerly.
"There's this kid in the hallways picking up his books. Rune, you know him."
"Boss, him again? Aren't you bored yet?" Blitzel whined. Blitzel preferred to be feared by more than one student.
"Shut up Blitz." Luck glared, then his eyes light up and he said with practiced ease, "I think you'll like this mission."
Blitzel's previous disappointed deportment faded, "What is it?"
"As I was saying, there's this kid picking up his books. That, or he's carrying his books and wearing these headphones down in the hallway connected to this one. You'll see him. Once you find him, lure him to Fran and Cork. Steal one book from him. It shouldn't have words on the cover. You'll know when you see it." Luck raised an eyebrow, "You going or not?"
Blitzel pulled contently on a button of his blazer, "You know me best boss. These kind of missions are my thing. Much better than your brute force. Yep, much less pain." Blitzel exited the door.

Watching him go, Luck picked up his textbook with a frustrated sigh. Maybe Blitzel would steal Luck's math notes as well. He loved stealing things, that guy.

Blitzel walked into the main hallway, where students parted before him. Partly because of his height, but more from his association with Luck than anything. He'd been the school clown once because of his blazer and odd tendencies.
Blitzel saw Rune and smiled, this was it. "Come with me," he said, walking right up to Rune.

Old Posted 11-07-2016, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote