Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default One of those Moments   #1  
Ever start doing something you've ALWAYS done, only for someone in your family or a close friend come up and ask you "why are you doing/watching this?" as if they've never known you to do so?

Yesterday I put on Lupin III Part 2. My mom comes out and goes "Why are you watching Cartoons?!" I could only just stare at her and retort "I always watch cartoons... japanese cartoons, commonly known in america as 'japanese animation' or 'anime'"

Mom then goes "that looks like something I use to watch in the 50s!"

.. No mom.. Lupin III came out in the 70s... =w= and you only watched spaghetti westerns.. that and don't judge an anime just because its old D8

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-23-2017, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Uh...that would involve me having close friends or family...
Haha...I kid.

Not quite in the same way, but the friends I occasionally hangout with always act so...not really surprised, but I guess sort of...that I don't like dirty humor and poop/fart humor. Even though they've known me for several years.
Old Posted 03-23-2017, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #3  
I had something similar… One of my cousins was asking me about a guy I like. I pulled up several photos, most of them of him in cosplay because that is how we know each other. She made a face before stating 'He looks like a nerd, why would you want to date him?' I looked down pointed to my Captain America shirt, the 3 Marvel stickers on my car…. or the 20 thousand cosplays I do. "Why wouldn't I want to date a nerd? I am a nerd. And he is a cute nerd that likes doing charity work."
At least my mother gets it "Tiva doesn't date anyone that doesn't at least know who Captain America is and can state what is wrong with him being Hydra."
Old Posted 03-23-2017, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote