Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #17  
I used to be like that about WoW too DK, but the graphics have been upgraded massively (but it's all my partners fault I started playing)

But yeah, if it's actually from Blizzard then the email with either be from batte.net or blizzard.com and they never ask for your password ^_^

This time of year these sorts of scams go around alot... :( Just gotta keep vigilant against it ^_^

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-21-2014, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Yep, That's also the reason why those calls are probably coming up more often as well.

Old Posted 11-21-2014, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #19  
I just got a call from 999-999-1003 saying they are from Microsoft and that they received a report via email saying there is a problem with my computer. I told them I've never had a problem and as I was about to say something else they hung up on me. These people are SCAMMERS! I was actually about to tell them off for calling me by rubbing it in their face I know that they are scammers, too bad they hung up before I could say anything more. >_>;

Bolded and enlarged important parts of the info so that people can see it easily.

Old Posted 04-20-2015, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Huh. Curious. That's actually an impossible phone number...

Edit: Well... it might not be impossible if it's a Mexican phone number, but there ought to be a +52 country code on the beginning if that's the case. +1 is US and Canada and neither country uses 999.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-20-2015, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #21  
The person had an Indian accent as far as I can tell, I googled the number to try and figure out what the number is for but I don't know how to do that, my brother does. So all I got were people posting saying they got this call and stuff. x'D I seriously want to trace this number but if they are smart they a probably bouncing the signal around and stuff to throw off tracers. >>;

Old Posted 04-20-2015, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
The more you learn from Criminal Minds. But all jokes aside, people should really be careful. And you're right. Why would anyone receive a random call from Microsoft like that?
Old Posted 04-20-2015, 06:54 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #23  
Not to mention the area code for it is completely wrong too.

Old Posted 04-21-2015, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
No one would receive a call from Microsoft period. If you look on their website, last I check, they state they will NEVER call you. NEVER!

So if they say they're Microsoft or Windows Tech support....hang up and go about your day worry free.
Old Posted 04-22-2015, 05:41 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #25  
I never actually check their website, but yeah, companies don't call for things like that, they wait for you to call them since they are usually over loaded with tech support calls anyways. :3

Old Posted 04-25-2015, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
The exception, of course, being if you explicitly requested a call -- it's cheaper for them to take your number with an automated system and call you when they have an open slot than to have you using up a phone line for what could be hours. But then they won't be opening with telling you that you need help; they'll be asking what kind of help you need.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-26-2015, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #27  
Exactly. And I got another bogus call today from 1-385-0642 say that my master card has been locked and to enter my pin to do some kind of confirmation thing and to get it unlocked. Though I knew it was bogus because I don't have a master card (only card I have is my credit/debit for my bank and that's a visa) and not to mention that the 'computer voice' as I like to call them also had this weird clicking sound in the background of the recording. So I got annoyed with that and knew that wasn't legit because otherwise that clicking wouldn't be there. ^^;

Old Posted 04-27-2015, 01:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
This, is exactly why I answer phone calls of unknown origin with extremely weird,akwards, or just plain creepy things, if its my freinds they would know well, lets face it l my freinds are used to my insanity by now, anyways, I had this problem once and when I first answered, my response was, "Topeka county morgue you killem we chillem" and I paused to listen for about 20 seconds and then they began their little scam to which I responded, "That's probably because I stuffed my ex girlfriends kidney in the hard drive" and yeah, they hung up. Cx
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 07-05-2015, 04:00 AM Reply With Quote