Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #161  
I think we still have that Talking Robie sitting on a shelf somewhere. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 04:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
It was basically a walkie-talkie. You provided the voice for it, and whatever you said through the controller came out through Robie.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 04:37 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #163  
Are they? I've only one encountered a Hot Topic and I don't actually recall where I was but I wasn't too interested in the store. Most of the stuff I still have I originally got when it was a thing. I see some stuff here and there but not what I'd actually buy. Finally garbaged my binder fit pencil case as the plastic was disintegrating. It had the picture of the golden retriever puppies in a sand castle. Still have my rainbow unicorn binder, a note book with pear bedecked Maltese terrier, a notepad with a brown horse, and a few other miscellaneous things.
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 05:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Since I shop often at Hot Topic, I get little Hot Topic catalogue things in the mail and the last page had Lisa Frank stuff on it. :3
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 06:41 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #165  
And I did my usual miss an entire page before replying.

So, I saw in the bookstore the other day that they're reprinting some of the old Babysitter's Club. Anyone else read those? Those were a thing, along with Goosebumps, the slightly edgier R.L.Stine (Fear Street, I think?) and Sweet Valley High. I can't remember how may of the Sweet Valley ones I actually read, outside the one where Elizabeth gets kidnapped. I was more into horse books, like Saddle Club at the time.
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 06:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I had the Goosebump books. I had (and still have) a wide variety of them somewhere in a box in the shed. Oh also when you mentioned Disney Adventures and Nickelodeon magazine, I had those too! I have some really old ones. I think I still have like THE first one they came out with ages ago, but sadly it's all messed up so nowhere near mint condition. But yeah I kept on with it until it died out in the mid 2000s. I got Nickelodeon magazine too, but the newer ones got dumber so I stopped subscribing to that one.
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #167  
I'd totally be at Hot Topic buying up Lisa Frank stuff if I had any money, haha.

And I used to read Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High. I think I still have a couple BSC books around here somewhere.

I used to want a subscription to Nick magazine but sadly never had one. I was reading one of my Disney Adventures earlier and being amused by all the NYSNC and Backstreet Boys stuff. When I was a kid I said I hated all modern pop music but secretly I really loved the BSB, I just wouldn't admit it to anyone haha.

I still have my old sticker books from when I was younger and I'm sure they're full of Lisa Frank and Sandylion brand stickers.
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
who said lisa frank i'm still obsessed with lisa frank

i had a lisa frank trapper keeper

yallll had trapper keepers?
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 09:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #169  
Yeah, and they were probably Lisa Frank too, haha. Then in 2000 almost all my school supplies were Pokemon. I finally threw away some old Pokemon glue sticks and stuff a couple years ago lol, the pictures printed on them were almost all faded off anyway.
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I liked Pokemon enough to buy some cards, but I never had anyone to play the actual game with so there was really no reason to have em except just to collect them lol.
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #171  
Same lol, I only had a handful that this boy I hung out with at school gave me. And that Ancient Mew card you got at the theater for Pokemon the Movie 2000. I still have no idea how to play the card game, haha. But around that time I did play the Yu-Gi-Oh card game with some kids at school, lmao (I didn't own any of my own cards for that though)
Old Posted 12-08-2017, 10:27 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I don't know Trapper Keeper. Is that some sort of pencil case thing? I remember lots of people having "Le Kit." Spotted one of those at the thrift store today, along with a pile of Disney Adventures.

I was into the Pokemon TCG quite early but never played much, I just liked collecting cards. Pogs though, omg. I remember walking through school at recess and all you heard was the clinking from kinis and it sounded like a dripping cave. I still have my collection somewhere. I've even got some Lion King pogs. My collection was prestigious at school because mine were all legit brand name instead of knock offs.
Old Posted 12-09-2017, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #173  
Trapper Keepers are these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARrBu-z2xDs basically a type of binder where you stick all your folders and stuff in.

I used to have pogs in the early 90s but I left my baggy of them on a box of newspapers and stuff one day and the next morning my mom had taken the box to a recycling place and all my pogs were gone. :( I still remember it because of how sad I was at the time, lol.
Old Posted 12-09-2017, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen those, or I didn't care about them. We had Five Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIa5nzyCpg

I think I finally got rid of mine a couple years back, not because it was damaged (the velcro was a little worn) but because it was blinkin' heavy.
Old Posted 12-09-2017, 07:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #175  
Those look pretty similar. I just remember that starting in middle school everyone switched to those hard white binders with the transparent pockets in the front & back that you could stick your own pictures in. I still have a few of mine though they're definitely falling apart now, haha.
Old Posted 12-09-2017, 04:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I still have some of those white binders. One of my fanfictions is written in one XD
Old Posted 12-09-2017, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote