Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #17  
I used to be picky about finding original songs and stuff, but nowadays if I really like it, then I'll just enjoy it. If I happen to find the original through looking to buy an album or something like that, then yeah, I'll give it a listen.

If I had to choose one cover vs. original choice though, Alien Ant Farm did a terrible job trying to create their version of Smooth Criminal. Even the music video sucked in comparison.
Old Posted 07-20-2011, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I both like original and cover...but most of the time some cover are better

like the cover of christina grimmie and sam tsui of just a dream...and the cover of ebony day of i love the way you like part 2 also the cover of paulina cerilla of solo..those are my favorite covers... :3 pretty much better
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #19  
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) For me it all depends on who does the cover.
Like Total Eclipse of the Heart by
Nikki French. She did an amazing
job. I don't care for the original
of the song. It sucks. >.>;

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 09:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
For the most part, I find the originals to be better than covers. On some occasions though, I find a few covers that surpass the originals and I end up liking that cover band more.

Alice Cooper's a fine example. His song Poison is alright, but I like it a lot more when Groove Coverage made a cover for it.

~ You can dance if you want too,
You can leave your friends behind.
Because if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine ~
Old Posted 08-05-2011, 01:19 PM Reply With Quote  
One Part Of A Whole
Default   #21  
I usually don't tend to like cover versions, because they never tend to do the original justice. Personally, I think Glee is the perfect example of why you should never cover another artists work, because they tend to kill everything they try to cover.

However, there is the odd cover version that catches me off guard and actually is something I like. 'Smooth Criminal' by Alien Ant Farm is a great cover, especially as Michael Jackson was such an influential person and had such a specific voice and style. That cover was turned into something new when AAF did it, and that was something I liked.
Old Posted 09-23-2011, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
dude, tv generally does noone favors
Old Posted 09-30-2011, 09:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #23  
I think one of the best cover bands I've ever herd would have to be Boyce Avenue.
Personally- my favorite is their cover of Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, which is originally by Cold Play. Boyce Avenue just makes it ten times better.

That- and Ben Lee's Cover of Float on, which is originally sang by Modest Mouse, they take the upbeat song, which is lovely I admit, I adore the modest Mouse version, but some day's when you feel like quiet music, it's really superb!

Also- I've herd so many cover's of Cheap Trick's I want You To Want me, but I think the one by Letter's to Cleo is my favorite. It was played in the movie Ten Things I Hate About you. Now of course I love Cheap Trick, but at the time, I honestly couldn't find a good, solid version of it sung by Cheap Trick, so when I found the Letters to Cleo cover, I was stoked. :D

All great songs, both original's, AND covers.
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Old Posted 10-05-2011, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Most Vocaloid songs have really, really good covers. But then, of course only I'd be interested >.>
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-05-2011, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #25  
I must say, I am addicted to Glees cover of teenage dream the rest of the show can stuff it but that song <3. I also think that On the Rocks did a pretty good cover of lady gaga. It depends on the song and how it was altered. I have a friend that loathes Moulin Rouge for its covers of various songs and yet I love it. I've been looking for a guitar cover of Rhianna's please don't stop the music that I heard in the mall over the loud speaker. It was beautiful very melodic. I also like techno remixes and those are nothing but covers XD. I also enjoy Jim Strugges cover of Across the Universe.
Last edited by Poggio; 10-06-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old Posted 10-06-2011, 02:53 AM Reply With Quote  
The Battling Bard of Potidaea
Bif Naked has done a few covers such as "Nothing Else Matters" and "We're Not Gonna Take It".
I prefer her versions over the originals.
I tried to fit two men in my soul! I ended up stuck to a pole!
She got stuck! Should've ducked! Worst of luck! Stuck, stuck to a pole!
Old Posted 10-08-2011, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #27  
I've been trying to cover a few songs; unfortunately I got sick XD
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-08-2011, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
I looove Red Light King's cover of "Old Man' by Neil Young. The original is amazing, but the cover puts an awesome modern twist to it that I love.
Old Posted 12-15-2011, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #29  
The Beatles Cover of Top Note's Twist and shout.
Israel Kamakawiwo’ole's Cover of Judy Garland's Over the Rainbow.
Moulin Rouge's cover of LaBelle's Lady Marmalade.
Manson's Cover of Eurythmics's Sweet Dreams
Bowling For Soup's cover of Brittney Spears's Baby one more time.
Johnny Cash's Cover of Hurt.

*I am a Test Tube Baby, My Mommy is Tiva and My Daddy is Alpha*

Old Posted 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
Bif Naked has done a few covers such as "Nothing Else Matters" and "We're Not Gonna Take It".
I prefer her versions over the originals.
Not familiar with the first one but I can pretty much listen to either version interchangably. I think I lean slightly to Twisted Sister's version. Maybe it's the outfits. ;)

And, didn't know Cheap Trick did "I want you to want me." But then, I've heard a few version of that song and have no idea who actually wrote the thing. I only know Cheap Trick really from the soundtrack for Heavy Metal. "Reach Out" was the song I think, and there may have been another.

I was a little thrown for a loop when I heard Queen singing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." I honestly thought that was Elvis.
Old Posted 01-29-2012, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #31  
Scarborough Fair sounds like a whole different song when My Dying Bride covers it.

My mother gets so upset when she hears me listening to it, since she loves the original and thinks this version sounds like a funeral song. Guess which version I like? :p
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-29-2012, 12:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
i feel sometimes covers are better than originals. it also makes a certain song in a certain genre be transformed into different genres.
heres one of my favorite covers
Artist Vs Poet- Super Bass

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 01-30-2012, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote