Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default   #49  
That's alright. You can guess however you like. I hate to say it, though, but that is not correct Patrionette
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 06-21-2016, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
It's rare that I go without my base, and that includes a very specific skin color, eye colors, hair colors, and tattoo configuration. The avatars I actually wear are easily identifiable. My contest work not quite so much so. We all have tells, though. Especially users with several years of avi making experience.

Old Posted 06-21-2016, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #51  
I Think I Know Who They Are!!
Username: Lawton
My Guess: 5

Tells.? Well, I do understand, but I guess I need to see more avatars before noticing these ^^'
Old Posted 06-21-2016, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I am sorry Potrionette, but that's not correct.

Edit: And yeah. I almost always use elf ears, or pointy ears of some sort.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 06-21-2016, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #53  
Some of us, like Espy, tend toward a lot of intricate details and making the color balance even across as many sections as possible. Some, like Tiva, keep an overall theme or color focus in mind and will use layering as necessary to achieve it, whether that results in a simple avatar or a complex one. Then there's people like Toho who use what they like without caring if they actually go together. Those people are easy to pick out once you know their favored themes/items. littl3chocobo, for example, almost exclusively makes baseless, background centered avatars. Poggio will ignore imperfect shade matches as long as the item goes with the general colors and themes, and favors highly detailed faces and held items. Pessimisticat is still developing their avatar style, but thus far has been favoring color balance within what their inventory allows, with avatars made with a general theme in mind, typically making use of a centerpiece or starting item that the outfit is based upon.

Old Posted 06-21-2016, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Oh, and the vast majority of users have few, if any, differences between avatars they would wear around the forums and avatars used for contests. Users like myself that have strict and separate definitions for the two are few and far between.

Old Posted 06-21-2016, 11:27 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #55  
Username: Pessimisticat
My Guess: 3

Hum, well. I actually never thought about a lot of those things before. Items fitting together vs colors vs themes. Although the contest bit makes things somewhat tougher o~o
I'll go with Pessimisticat this time, if only because I feel like it's very orange-y
Old Posted 06-22-2016, 12:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Username: Espy
My Guess: 5

Probably wrong, but slow elimination. Also, back from 24 hours of sinus-based sickness. :)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 06-22-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old Posted 06-22-2016, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #57  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
Some of us, like Espy, tend toward a lot of intricate details and making the color balance even across as many sections as possible. Some, like Tiva, keep an overall theme or color focus in mind and will use layering as necessary to achieve it, whether that results in a simple avatar or a complex one. Then there's people like Toho who use what they like without caring if they actually go together. Those people are easy to pick out once you know their favored themes/items. littl3chocobo, for example, almost exclusively makes baseless, background centered avatars. Poggio will ignore imperfect shade matches as long as the item goes with the general colors and themes, and favors highly detailed faces and held items. Pessimisticat is still developing their avatar style, but thus far has been favoring color balance within what their inventory allows, with avatars made with a general theme in mind, typically making use of a centerpiece or starting item that the outfit is based upon.
Galla I never realized that you knew me so well….. And yes I mostly pick out a color, or theme and methodically go through my inventory adding on item after item until I am happy.
Old Posted 06-22-2016, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Haha, yeah I can be kind of creepy about avatars. I absolutely adore participating in really serious avi contests, but they just don't really happen around here.

Old Posted 06-22-2016, 02:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #59  
Quote:
Pessimisticat is still developing their avatar style, but thus far has been favoring color balance within what their inventory allows, with avatars made with a general theme in mind, typically making use of a centerpiece or starting item that the outfit is based upon.
Dang, got me spot on there, lol. :P
Last edited by Pessimisticat; 06-22-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old Posted 06-22-2016, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Username: Lawtan
My Guess: 3
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-22-2016, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #61  
Quote:
Oh, and the vast majority of users have few, if any, differences between avatars they would wear around the forums and avatars used for contests. Users like myself that have strict and separate definitions for the two are few and far between.
On that note, it's also why this round is a lot harder than the first. People know what other people's perceptions of them are, and can try to throw them off.

EDIT: I have two people in mind for #4. Can't decide on which.
Also, it might be interesting to consider the rarity and age of certain items. Just saying.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Last edited by Espy; 06-22-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old Posted 06-22-2016, 03:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I have a few ideas as well but I don't think we can play since our names are on the stage board.
Old Posted 06-22-2016, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #63  
...That sucks for people who don't actually have an avatar up there, though?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-22-2016, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
I have a few ideas as well but I don't think we can play since our names are on the stage board.
You can play!
I did last round :)
I just decided not to this time since that might give away who I am, lol. Or, at least make it easier for people to guess ;)
Old Posted 06-22-2016, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote