Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #49  
I remember Lucas Arts popping up somewhere when I was playing Wii and havne't played that many games. It may have been Boom Blox since that's Spielberg's design. Haven't played that in a while. Definately not an RPG unless you count the fact that is has a story in behind playing virtual Jenga with a cheering section of square sheep, that hopefully don't qet squished by falling blocks.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 03:10 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
The game you mention Rem reminds me of another game for Game Cube that my friends and I played. It's the first game I came across with a santiy meter, and didn't just show your character's sanity level. The game would actually mess with your head. I don't want to say too much because that would spoil the game but it actually wasn't that bad, though the controls weren't the easiest. My friend was drunk at one point trying to play, and it showed with his character on screen.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 03:26 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #51  
... that sounds really familiar ...
was it kind of like a horror RPG? with a ... blonde girl as the protagonist?

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 05:30 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That would be the one. I believe there are slightly different endings to the game depending on what sort of villian uber-montstery thing gets picked. The game has you going back in time, gradually getting closer to the time you are in now in order to stop whatever uber-evil is trying to destroy the cosmos, or something like that. The main area is a mansion and you learn things about it from the trips back in time.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 05:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #53  
Was it Eternal Darkness? I don't remember who the protaganist was but I do know it had some kind of insanity thing. I can't comment much because I never played it.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
The perfect RPG for me would be a final fantasy X with the graphics of final fantasy XIII, without a character like Yuna and with the dialog options/ humour of dragon age.
Now that would be more than just perfect.

Old Posted 06-20-2011, 04:34 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #55  
Not familiar with Dragon Age so I can't comment too much on that Ven. I hear it's good though. It's one of the games I need to snatch off my brother.

Eternal Darkness sounds right Serra. That's one name I didn't try. I was reading through game lists to find it.
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
My ideal RPG, is something along the lines of Final fantasy 13's battle system fused with a final fantasy 12's battle system. But you can't level up, you can't trade with other people. But they may "assist" you in things. And there is millions of equipment and only a certain amount of them all. A lot of quests, and thousands of secret dungeons and lairs. You are given only a selected few skills to choose from, some races have different amounts.
Something along those lines would be my idea RPG XD

Old Posted 06-21-2011, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #57  
Why no levelling up? I would think it would get a little boring after a while being pretty much the same the whole time. Getting better equipment does count for some things but you'd be limited by what you have in your possession.
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Eternal Darkness!! omg I saw a bit of a let's play about that - spoiled me a bit because I actually own the game but haven't played it XD I don't have tiiiime ;_________;
I really really want to though, because it looks great

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #59  
It was fun to watch, I can say that much. My friend was mostly playing. The way the playthrough works is neat. Do play it when you get the time. :)
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Why no levelling up? I would think it would get a little boring after a while being pretty much the same the whole time. Getting better equipment does count for some things but you'd be limited by what you have in your possession.
Well another thing I failed to list, is that when you die its game over and you need to make a new character.
The point is to explore, and do hard quests getting new equipment or something along those lines.

WHY CANT I FIND A GAME LIKE THAT! D=

Old Posted 06-21-2011, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #61  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Well another thing I failed to list, is that when you die its game over and you need to make a new character.
The point is to explore, and do hard quests getting new equipment or something along those lines.

WHY CANT I FIND A GAME LIKE THAT! D=
I actually knew someone who was designing a game like that. I think they gave up on the project, though. :|
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
You could always just not save the game when you play, or start a new character when you die on principle.
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #63  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
You could always just not save the game when you play, or start a new character when you die on principle.
Not really, actually. The whole game would have to be balanced around baseline characters, if such a mortality rate were to be implemented.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
If the object is to finish the game than yes, but if the point is to play until you die then balance doesn't matter so much. The game just gets meaner. I imagine it could be done with any game that has mutliple life countdown. Finishing those styles of games with only one life is something of a standard for bragging rights back my friends all played.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 06-21-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote