Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #865  
It would be nice to be able to request new stops in a much easier way though. There are quite a few places of interest I know of that we believe should be stops that aren't.

Because of the recent event we've been out every day to at least collect from stops, but today I've been too burnt out from it to move from the sofa :( Thankfully my lovely partner took my phone around to our local stop (a pub 5-10 mins walk away) just to tag it and get my daily bonus and free incubator for me. I'm kind of looking forward to the end of the event to go back to normal...

I'm now just over halfway through level 30 and I have quite a few of the babies now. I've nearly got enough candy to evolve my Omanyte after going over 100km too! I can't wait to change my buddy, although I'm not sure weather to change to my Charmeleon, Ivysaur, Dragonair or Togepi as their evolutions are the only ones I'm missing now ^_^;;

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I'm not against traveling....except the point of Pokemon Go should be to get people walking instead of driving....but to get anything done, I've got to drive 15 miles away.

The town there is about 10k people....about 3 times the size of my town, only double the size of my town and the twin city right up against it.

Five pokestops in our twin city: a church, a stupid railroad sign, a caboose, the library, and the post office. There are plenty of other historical things that could be pokestops, but no. There is one gym in the twin cities.

The city double the size of the twins? At least 30+ pokestops (30 in one area of the town) 4+ gyms (At least 3 in the same area with the pokestops)....that is absolute crap. I know they have discovery park of america, so I accept they'll have more, but that much of a discrepancy? On top on the variation of pokemon? (AKA actually being able to find a Christmas Pikachu at a pokestop instead of just luckily seeing it....or being able to find anything but a ratata, pidgey, or venonat) That's a way to discourage people so they don't play....or if they do, they'll be spending money on GAS to play instead of possibly throwing it at Niantic and Nintendo for in game items.

I was excited to play, I really was....until I got to level 10 or so and realized all that spawns are venonats pretty much. Beyond a scyther once in awhile and maybe a parasect....I don't see any new pokemon. And it doesn't even register my walking (when I have the app on) towards hatching eggs (one day I walked a mile...it registered .1km when it should've registered over 1km). All of this on top of each other, well, obviously they only want people in bigger cities playing. Which is disappointing for fans like me...the ones that love the games and kind of wanted to pretend they were pokemon trainers once in awhile XD But I have never caught this many venonats or pidgey in one game. Though I do like pidgey XD

Can I get more pikachu now....that'd get me to shut up for awhile XD
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #867  
yea the point of the game is to get people out and walking and yet if a pokestop is too far away, whats the point.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-29-2016, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
there is one a mile away but I still don't have the drive to drive there half the time XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 12-29-2016, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #869  
Nobody is saying they need to cut out the walking and traveling, we're saying, at the core of it, add more stops. There are plenty of things in my area, and I'm sure others will agree, that could be stops, probably have more right to be stops than some already existing, but they are not stops.

No, I don't expect everything to be a stop. Yes, it would be cool to hit something from my house, but the cement factory in front of us is no longer active, and it's not something you think of when you think of our town, so no it doesn't need to be a stop. Things that have been here since my mom can remember, and are still active? Yeah, some of those as stops would be awesome.

You go to the next town over, which is not much bigger than ours, but it's a cultural city, and you have over 20 stops on their main/broad streets. Practically every single shop, a fountain, and public murals. All stops.

I don't expect to be treated the same as someone in a big city. We can't all afford to live in one. But for rural communities to have nothing, or next to nothing, when there are so many things more than "church, church, public government building, church, park, church" and people, especially those in big cities with stops every three steps, who say we have to deal with it, it pisses me off. I would hope we're at least allowed to rant about it.
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I remember my friend playing when they said they had too many pidgey and ratata spawning....the difference now is less spawning of everything with the same percentage of pidgey and ratata as before.

My friend lives in a smaller town of 300...I believe they have one or two pokestops. One is a woodmen of the world member's grave, which I know we have at least one of those in our graveyard (but it isn't a pokestop) and maybe the post office too. My town is 10x that and has no pokestops or gyms....it's our twin city that borders us that has 5 pokestops and a gym. I mean, come on, make the railroad museum up the street a pokestop. Or a few more churches pokestops. Or that one historical house they're working on. Or that ancient graveyard....or the signs with interesting historical facts on them around the twin cities...or the fountains in the new park...the old park's fountain is a gym...make the two ponds with fountains two more gyms...one for each team could be possible. Now, I know that won't happen, but I can dream.

I would just really like more variation in the pokemon that spawn more than anything else. I'm level...12? 13? and even with the increased spawn rate of starters and the like...it's the same rate as when my friend was playing it seems (back when I played for him more than he played).
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #871  
I'm out of pokeballs again o3o

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-30-2016, 01:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Go get moar! I have like over 100 XD
Old Posted 12-30-2016, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #873  
I wish i could. I have no one to take me to a pokestop ono

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-30-2016, 04:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
How far away is your nearest one?
Old Posted 12-30-2016, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #875  

Red Square = My current Location
X = where I had my asthma attack (I wanted to go to circle K D:< )

Orange = Gyms
Blue = Pokestops

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-30-2016, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
D:

My nearest one is about a half mile away? One gym only though...

-gets you a motorized scooter-
Old Posted 12-30-2016, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #877  
the place im moving to has these:

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Yeah, we suburban folk don't need more Pokemon; we need more PokeStops.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-30-2016, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #879  
there is a charmander near me and i can't catch it o-o

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-30-2016, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I thought of another place that could be a pokestop, the war memorial up the street.

We need more everything here.

I went to a nearby college town, plenty of pokemon I'd never seen, even though the school was EMPTY! .-.
Old Posted 12-31-2016, 01:13 PM Reply With Quote