Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #1025  
That's just GPS in general. Not all GPS locks are of equal quality. I have that problem from time to time even using Google Maps for driving; if the drift isn't too bad, Maps can compensate, but it's not that rare for it to suddenly think I'm on a different road and give me instructions to get back to where I actually really am.

As for revenue... Actually, yes, that IS the tradeoff being made, and usually it's the right choice. The people who are most likely to spend money on IAPs are the ones who will put up with the occasional lag spike, because they're already invested in the game. (And odds are they're also enough stronger than a non-IAP player that the lag spike is less likely to be fatal.)

EDIT: That is, it's usually the right choice in terms of money. It's not the right choice in terms of making an actual good game, but that's usually a secondary consideration when it comes to mobile software.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-01-2017, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
-watches character walk around in circle while i just sit here in mah chair-

"You are going too fast! are you a passenger?"

.. =w= yes.. in mah chair at home i'm still a passenger... my character isn't even moving fast...

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-01-2017, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1027  
But when you literally just started the game, are still in the tutorial, and lags so bad you die? They're making a bad choice because they're not giving players a chance to get invested to where they'll ignore lag (I watched him start the game and complain about lag and all immediately XD)

My character walks in circles too, within a three house radius....never asks if I'm a passenger though, thank god XD
Old Posted 01-01-2017, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I ran out of balls, and I don't feel like going outside... Is this one of those first world problems I hear about? I mean, I could get my mother to drive around town slowly...
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 09:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1029  
I have never ran out of balls.
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 12:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I run out ALL the time =w=

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-02-2017, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1031  
I never see enough pokemon to run out....and I go by the pokestop enough....every few days, I go down there and wait for like 30 mins, getting the stops each time I can.
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 01:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
My neighbourhood is too much walking for too few stops. Probably a few kilometres for 5 stops.
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 02:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1033  
There's like 4 stops within a mile, the fifth is about 3 miles away
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 02:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
As of today, I'm only lacking two Pokemon to fill out my Pokedex (not going to count legendaries, region-exclusives and others that Niantic has a shady policy about); Snorlax and Porygon.
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1035  
Congrats Lavender! I'm not too far off either now ^_^ Just need to get hold of a Chansey, evolve my Dragonair & Togepi and hatch Smoochum & Elekid ^_^ I'm hoping at least one of my 10k eggs will hatch into something I actually need! ^_^;;

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 01:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Oh, thank you. I didn't count the babies, so that means Igglybuff, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby, too. I got a Chansey randomly by walking by a Pokestop, and it didn't say it was there. I guess they were working out bugs out of Nearby back then.
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1037  
That was lucky then! I've now got 4 Snorlax as they seem to like me ^_^;; If only they'd hurry up and implement trading as I'd happily send you one of my spares ^_^ One of my 10k eggs hatched into another Magby as they also seem to like me, which is kind of annoying as the nest near where I live has just become a Magmar nest...

My Dice Store
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 03:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I see a lot of Magmars, Scythers, Pinsirs... Hm, what else is rare that I see? Onixes. Where I live, Magmars are like Pidgeys.
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 03:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1039  
Our nest changed to them on new years day, it was a Mankey nest before that but we've only recently found this place ^_^;; We don't get many rares around here but I've caught a few wild Porygon, Electabuzz and Lapras from our house. We don't get much else that's decent around here though or those few all that often (I don't count Mr Mime as they are everywhere) ^_^;; We live in the middle of around 10 spawn points but it's nearly always Spearow, Pidgey, Rattata and Weedle that we get from them when events aren't happening...

My Dice Store
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 03:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Those are still some of the rarest Pokemon. So jealous of your Porygons and Snorlaxes. I get a lot of Jinxes, too. Mr. Mime horrifies me... It's fat, but has thin limbs, and it's also a mime... I've been trying to find out if I have any nests near me.
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 03:57 PM Reply With Quote