Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

"Where to, Miss? To the Stars."
Lightbulb Tattoos & Piercings   #1  
I am very fond of tattoos and piercings. I have a geometric rose tattoo, a quote, and a moon tattoo as well as my ear lobes and right nostril pierced. I used to have many other piercings such as my ear cartilage, 2nd ear lobes, and my belly button-but they all either got rejected or I got tired of them.

Do you guys have any or plan to get any?
Old Posted 02-13-2017, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I would love to get a tattoo, but my health history is such that when I walk into a salon the staff hiss at me and make crosses with their fingers. As it is, All I have are two piercings in each ear, currently with hoops. I was considering getting more, but further up into the cartilage can hit nerve issues. I do have some little stretch bars that I was going to use to make the holes bigger, not so much for show but practicality. The holes I have, even after 20 years, still like to close over.

If I were to get a tattoo, I would get either a stylized version of the Pisces double fish, for a number of reasons, or a compass rose.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 02-13-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old Posted 02-13-2017, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #3  
I have 3 tattoos! I also have pierced ears but I am allergic to nickel so I rarely wear earrings and have not tried to pierce anything else.

I do want more tattoos though, I want to be symmetrical xD

Old Posted 02-13-2017, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
OOOOOOH
So I ADORE body mods in general.
I have had 19 piercings in total, including redos, but only currently have my ears stretched and a lip piercing.
As for tattoos, I have a total of 8 right now if you include my tiny first home tattoo.
My largest is one that goes from right above my bikini line, through my bellybutton, goes under my ribs and between my breasts. Then I have lyrics on top of that piece on my collarbone (separate tattoo)

My current tattoo dream is to get all my joints tattooed to be like a ball-jointed doll. <3
Most of my tattoos are music related. 2 are symbolic, and 1 is anime related.

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 02-13-2017, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
I like the idea of having a tattoo as something that I've put on myself, rather than by change. I have a good pile of scars, and I like the idea of something being a choice rather than happenstance.

I'm not sure about colour, as far as a tattoo. Honestly, I think I would like to get one of those tribal style scars, though I can imagine that being a horrific health risk.
Old Posted 02-13-2017, 11:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I do really like tattoos and piercings a lot. Although, I'm not a huge fan of gauged ears.

For piercings, all I have are 3 in each ear (1 lobe and 2 cartilage per ear) the cartilage ones are off-set/intentionally uneven and I plan on getting more ear piercings eventually.
I also used to have snakebites but they closed up about 3 years ago (due to some personal issues, I kind of distracted and forgot about them until they had closed up too much:( ) . And I briefly had a labret piercing, which I had to let close up because I had lost my only lip ring and didn't have the money to get a new one at the time (broke college student) and also breifly had a navel ring which I had to let go because it was rejected/migrating out. I keep debating trying to get a navel ring again because I kind of like/liked some of the rings I had bought for it.
As for tattoos, I only have one so far and it is a rune-like symbol from a book that I got on my right wrist, across a major former cutting scar. I plan on getting another symbol from the same book on my left wrist this spring.
And I would like to get other tattoos eventually, but nothing else is planned yet.
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 03:48 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
My ear holes are in the lobes. I actually only have a few pairs of earrings. For the most part I wear sleepers, either gold hoops or the thick stemmed studs that my ears were originally pierced with.
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 05:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Piercing-wise, I have stretched earlobes and a nose ring. I'm thinking of going from size 2 lobes back to 12 or 14. I stretched my lobes when I was in Job Corps just because I wanted to and I was kinda going through a rebellious stage. I got my nose pierced in 2012, after several years of wanting a nose piercing. It took my parents a week to notice that one, and when it was healed up, I swapped from the stud I'd started with to a suspension ring, because I like the aesthetics of rings better than studs, but a traditional ring would've been too fiddly for my liking.

Tattoo-wise, I have four tattoos, one of which I want to get covered by a more meaningful design. My first tattoo, on my chest over my right breast, marked my 21st birthday, and was done when I was really heavily into old alchemical symbology. My second tattoo, on my left wrist, marked my personal best for NaNoWriMo (60K words in 25 days), and I wish I had gone with a different shop for it, because the shop I went to left scarred areas. Third tattoo, on my right calf, celebrated six months at a job I really loved, and also my getting hired on as a full employee, and is still a WIP, because of its size and complexity. Fourth tattoo, on my right shoulder blade, celebrated my survival of six months of being homeless.

The first tattoo is the symbols for Alchemical Silver and Quintessence. Second tattoo gets mistaken for Wonder Woman's symbol, but it's actually the design that's on Drill Boy's chest. Drill Boy is one of my favorite characters in the anime "Brave Police J-Decker". My third tattoo is Knockout from Transformers Prime in a traditional pin-up pose. My fourth tattoo is a lotus with blue petals, that I drew the artwork for.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 06:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #9  
I may get one later in life, but right now, both financial restrictions and current living arrangement make it not an option.

...if I did, it would be something like this:

Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 07:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I just have ear piercings currently. I'm not sure if I will ever get a tattoo...
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
I'm an old fart. I'm not particularly fond of non-ear piercings, and most tattoos don't do anything for me. Then again, I can't even stand having temporary tattoos on my skin; it sets off my FOREIGN CONTAMINANT alert and it drives me crazy. I never write on my skin, and I don't like having to have my hand stamped. ^^()

But I try not to judge other people just because of my own squick. Especially visible piercings can take me some getting used to, but I can and will get over it.

Meanwhile, my wife has the Aperture Science logo in iridescent blue on her right wrist, a Companion Cube angel graffiti above that, Sora from Kingdom Hearts taking up most of her left forearm, and a bunch of Sora concept art sketches around that.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 01:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
There's a reason I was determined to sit on any design ideas I had for a least a year, even without the heath issues.
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #13  
The only tattoo I have that I do want to cover up is my first, because it just doesn't hold the same meaning to me as it did back when I first got it, and for many years afterward. I've got a few other tattoo ideas that I've wanted to do for years, but haven't had the fundage to do, so I've waited.

Dad is of the opinion that tattoos and non-ear piercings are terrible ideas. Mom doesn't exactly approve, but she at least respects that I save up for things and that it's my body. I can decorate it however the heck I want.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 02-14-2017, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I have tattoos currently, one on my left ankle with my Dad and two grandfathers initials on it in a single line of cursive. I got it when I was 18 and while it has made so annoyance while finding a job I don't regret it. I needed to honor the men in my life that are no longer there.
I also have a Celtic heart in white behind my ear, and while I got it to symbolize something from when I was engaged I still love it because it does symbolize love eternal, no matter how far apart or what comes between people you still love them even if they aren't in your life any more.
As for piercings… currently i only wear my lower lobes but I have 7 in my ears. My right ear cartilage closed up years ago but until last fall i wore two in my left ear cartilage. The second set on my lobes bugs me because one is off center, so i don't wear them. I also had my belly button pierced but after several years it got infected so i took it out.
Old Posted 02-16-2017, 02:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #15  
i have 2 tattoos one i disinged myseld (nothing special as well) and a beautiful moth! oh and i have 14 piercings..... yeah sounds much xD
Old Posted 02-17-2017, 03:30 AM Reply With Quote  
"Where to, Miss? To the Stars."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sandman View Post
i have 2 tattoos one i disinged myseld (nothing special as well) and a beautiful moth! oh and i have 14 piercings..... yeah sounds much xD
Wow, 14! What kind of piercings are they? And, I would love to see a picture of your moth tattoo!
Old Posted 02-18-2017, 12:54 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
piercings, tattoos