Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   OOC (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   City of Shadows ~ OOC (Recruiting!) (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21191)

Salone 10-22-2015 02:19 PM

New characters! More meat to fill the maw of the grave! More people to torture, to press through the jaws of life itself, to submit to the crushing darkness of the broken psyche!

CupcakeDolly 10-22-2015 08:03 PM

^^^ What the hose said.

Lawtan 10-23-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1665808)
Ooooor you could always make a new character! (Says the person with over 100 OCs)

Sort of prefer practice on fleshing out a bit. I have probably close to 100 OC's. (I mean, I have 10-20 stories to write. 5-10 characters per story gets that easily...not counting that ones like Gwion, Kadia, and Goliath are't from those stories...and not counting the inhuman characters...if you want I could try my hand on one of them)

Salone 10-23-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawtan (Post 1666013)
Sort of prefer practice on fleshing out a bit. I have probably close to 100 OC's. (I mean, I have 10-20 stories to write. 5-10 characters per story gets that easily...not counting that ones like Gwion, Kadia, and Goliath are't from those stories...and not counting the inhuman characters...if you want I could try my hand on one of them)

I mean you can always bring one in, personality wise. When bringing an OC in to a different universe, I keep the personality and try to write a new background for them that explains how they became this way. I suppose it's easier to write the personality and find the right character that fits it. Being an original setting/universe, no one in character will know what most real world places are. I think the setting is going for a darker steampunk/maybe a bit deiselpunk. I'm sure out of your library you've got someone who would mesh rather well with the overall atmosphere.

CupcakeDolly 10-24-2015 09:40 PM

You guys make me giggle. I guess it's cool that you put so much effort into your characters, though. I always just whip up a new one based on the setting/theme of the RP, with the personality traits I'm wanting to play at the time.
Normally I go crazy with setting up RPs though. I write a lot of backstory, draw maps, create banners for each section - the works! I didn't put as much into this RP as I usually do though, so I don't really expect anyone to wrack their brains coming up with characters. I think it would be fun to just go along real casual-like and see what crazy things end up happening!

Salone 10-25-2015 09:13 PM

I just say join anyway! Sod everything holding you back!

Lawtan 10-26-2015 10:26 AM

Just give me a day or two to get them in.

CupcakeDolly 10-28-2015 09:00 PM

Sooo, I've almost convinced another player to join! He would be a Trisphee virgin and somewhat new to roleplaying online, but still an excellent writer and a veteran tabletop gamer.
The thing is, he would like to play as our villain, and he insists on having his character be dark and psychologically traumatizing. I am definitely all for this idea, considering the theme of the RP, but I was wondering what everyone else would think.

Lawtan 10-28-2015 11:13 PM

Well, this could be interesting...in the "Dexter Morgan vs. Moriarty" way as far as my character goes.

CupcakeDolly 10-28-2015 11:32 PM

Whoo-hoo! Someone else is on the psychopath train!
Apparently my man friend is fleshing out a character who is a doctor at the asylum, and insane in the way that... well, a doctor at an asylum would be.
Now I just need to convince him to actually join.
And... educate him about avatar sites. xD

Law!! Have you come up with a character? I forgot to mention that joining up also practically guarantees character art. -bribe bribe bribe-

Salone 10-29-2015 12:01 AM

Do it Law. Do it for your art. Do it for her art. Do it for me.

Lawtan 10-29-2015 11:25 AM

I will after this hell-week is over. (Has had about 12 hours of sleep total this week. Add that I have had my anxiety and an extended - 2 week - depressive episode, papers, and a test tomorrow... x_x)

CupcakeDolly 11-11-2015 06:25 PM

-files nails and ignores multiple ringing phones-

Lawtan 11-11-2015 09:59 PM

Godia “Goliath” Maximus
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 120 lbs
Appearance:

Profession: Huntress/Forager, (Former) Military Espionage Agent
Skills: Tactician, Information Gathering, Chemistry (poisons, toxins, and gunpowder), Mathematician (Ballistics), Ranged Weaponry (Rifle & Archery), Foraging, basic Close Combat abilities, Charismatic, Ruthless
Flaws: Paranoia, Insensitivity, Fatalism (Excited to go into battle), Arthritis, God Complex
Bio:

Suzerain of Sheol 11-19-2015 04:53 PM

CUPCAKE, I DID THE THING!

I really hope this setting has wizards, otherwise I've wasted a great deal of time. D:

Also, had to make a few things up, hope it's okay. :X

Lawtan 11-19-2015 08:12 PM

O.o

I was not aware of magic. Doesn't mean there isn't, just didn't know.

Actually am curious about the beasts of this place, seeing as how Goliath hunts around them.