Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Ascended Angel
Default Critique New Vegas Novel   #1  
My husband and I are co-writing a book based on the "Fallout: New Vegas" universe and we would like opinions from others on it. ^^

Below is an excerpt from Ch2:P2.
(whole chapter)

I know the first few chapters are a bit cliche and after we finish writing the book, I'm going to rewrite it so it is 9000%+ better. ^^ The current chapters are considerably better than the first few but we don't plan on altering our characters much because, well, they're people. xD

Anyway, please let me know what you think. @w@

V If you guys could tell me how you feel about the character's chemistry, I would really appreciate it. ^^
Last edited by Ishu; 04-20-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old Posted 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Hi there. I read your excerpt, You're right about the writing being quite cliche, and I think you use far more descriptive words than you need. It gets to be overboard after a while. What got my attention most though, was the gecko steak.

I looked it up (it bugged me enough to go wiki it. That's how picky I can get about details ;)) and the largest gecko is an island dwelling fellow about 14 inches long, and in the picture it still has tiny legs. Eating a piece of even big gecko flank would be like eating a chicken nugget for dinner. It doesn't fit with what your character is doing in the picture. Gecko tail would make more sense I think, since there's definately more meat there.

I'm not familiar with the New Vegas Universe though, but unless they have big geckos, something like joanna steak might be more realistic. Those are my initial thoughts.
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 04:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #3  
Quiet... they can get quite big

Gecko in Fallout
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
@Quiet: They are generally larger than dogs >_>;;; so, yeah xD The steak is fine, LOL.
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
Ah! I see. Said I wasn't familiar with the universe you are working with. :S. I'm not even all that familiar with Fallout beyond the name. Still, something to keep in mind though for later stuff, just in case. ;)
Old Posted 04-20-2012, 03:39 AM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Thanks ^^ I also added a second spoiler content we have not released yet. I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on the characters' chemistry/dynamics.
Old Posted 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote