Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Men Fashion/items   #1  
I am curious. I've been hearing a lot from guys on this site about how all the items are slightly feminine even when they are gender neutral. But lets face it there are a lot of woman on this site. I've kinda been curious to hear from the men on Trisphee to see what they would like. ( Outside of weapons of course ) I can kinda guess what men like to wear but I have no idea what is considered masculine or what men like. So I am starting this thread to hear from you guys.

What types of items do you consider manly?
Any particular color?
Does the idea behind the item have to be geared towards males?
What do you think of Trisphee facial hair?
Old Posted 07-29-2011, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
I think Trisphee has a lot of masculine items, people just don't see them that way. Trisphee has kinda a fantasy style going on, which is roughly feminine usually.

I would like to see more things for men hair-wise, that isn't geared towards the more metrosexual man (That isn't a sexual orientation, folks. Look it up...)

Maybe some viking stuff? :3 I mean that. A Viking DI, we needs one. BATTLE AXE! KITE SHIELD! BIG BEARDS! A HORSE! MANRY BRAID! MACES! HELMETS! ARMOR! SPAULDERS! SABATONS! GREAVES! GAUNTLETS!

er

I'm a viking lover

o.o
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 07-29-2011, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Duchess of Deliciousness
Default   #3  
To tell you the truth, I find the site to base the items to more of man's delight. If you think about it, other places have frilly skirts and big floppy bows and not enough male items, but to me this site has A LOT of items that males can use, more so than other places. >w<. I also think that there are a lot of male hairs, I am pleased with how many male items there are. But a Viking DI sounds sexy. :D. I can be a Vikingness or something XD
Current Funds:
Aurum: 0,000
Old Posted 07-29-2011, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
I'm not so sure about there not being enough items for men....I've been pretty happy with all the items so far. In fact when I see items that are geared mostly for females I feel happy to finally see one for y'all (even if I do feel somewhat left out lol).

Also because there is only like...one facial hair I'll ever use (because it's what I have) I'm happy with the facial hairs we have so far lol. Although I think the d o'clock shadow could use a little more work to look right with all skin tones. And a hobo beard would just hilarious awesome! xD
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 09:42 AM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #5  
I keep asking for fancy stuff like suits and sweater vests... I've gotten them. lol

Anyway, what sort of things are you looking for anyway? We do have a lot of weapons right now, but what sort of things do you think would be... less feminine?

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 10:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
... -Wonders if Hermes is compensating for something xD-

@Jur: I am totally waiting on mutton chops and monocles and caterbrows. @u@

Less Feminine and non weapons actually. I guess I should rephrase my first paragraph not to say that Trisphee doesn't have items for males. The whole point in this thread was to find out what men really want. XD I am not Mel Gibson and I don't want the power to read males minds but just knowing for future reference is kinda neto especially when it comes from the users themselves.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #7  
@Ludovico: hehe "What Women Want" I need to watch that movie again! xDD -makes a mental note to watch when the family is gone tomorrow-

ooh those are good ones. Especially since "Dapper Gentlemen" seem to be popular among certain crowds lol.

You sound like an artist who makes our items...you're not are you o-O?

As for weapons I'd like another fan weapon. I love tessen fans!
But anyways I'm short on "manly" items I've always been pretty happy with what the staff decides to come out with x3 (although they could use some new gloves and hats...though we did get some additions at least)
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 11:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Actually I am not but I would like to be. I am mostly just a person that enters the design contest for now. I always feel bad there are super sexed up female items but no body thinks of anything for males,(specifically) so this thread was suppose to help me fix that.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 11:14 AM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #9  
Well, me being me... I prefer fancier things. So when I want male items, as I stated, I want things like suits... xD

As far as DIs go, there are lots of DIs that are very feminine. I think most of the best items for male avatars are likely the commons. There needs to be more male-focused DIs, IMO.

I like a lot of the cuter ones, the new Rainbow Rave item is great, but with all the items with pretty hair and wings and dresses... It does feel like I'm getting jipped. I know I'm not the only male member of this site. I may be gay, but that doesn't mean I'm a cross-dresser and that I want to wear girly items.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Exchanger
Facial hair = Perfect
Colors I think are manly = Anything but pink
Item geared = Yes because females get all their items geared towards them!?

Also another thing, for gender neutral boots can we nix the heel? I mean seriously! That is not neutral in my opinion and there are some pretty cool boots in the shops.
[Proud Ascent Arco of Light.]

White thinks... That this signature is too sexy for its shirt. <3
~Neirra is my trisphee lil sis.~

Check out my Shop and my Quest Thread.
I'm a jerk so deal with it.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #11  
I echo just about everything Alex said. I may like fancy, pretty stuff but I'm not the stereotypical gay male who likes to cross-dress. (By the way I really like your outfit Alex. Especially the lower body and guy-liner haha).
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Thanks, sweety *hugs*
I changed it so many times yesterday trying to get it the way I wanted it. lol

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 12:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Exchanger
Default   #13  
*Raises hands*
Well I'm a normal guy I guess? I'm admittedly gay, but I absolutely hate the though of crossdressing. I think it is extremely creepy but whatever floats your boat I guess. I like t-shirts and jeans, and I don't like guys that talk/act like girls.
[Proud Ascent Arco of Light.]

White thinks... That this signature is too sexy for its shirt. <3
~Neirra is my trisphee lil sis.~

Check out my Shop and my Quest Thread.
I'm a jerk so deal with it.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
I'd consider myself 'normal' too. I honestly don't like crossdressing unless they guy can pull it off really well... And that's not very common... I don't crossdress IRL. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy most days as well.. Though that sometimes changes to work pants and a polo when I feel like looking a bit... less informal?

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 12:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #15  
haha yes, we're all normal x3
I find it uncomfortable to think about myself doing them. But in real life I have always desired to do all kinds of things to my hair, as well as some very different dress-styles. One including heeled boots, but that's probably as close as I get to feminine clothes. I wear White T-shirts so often though I have like 12 pairs of them xD

Though we are derailing this topic a bit aren't we? -isn't 100% sure-

ps Not all guys on this site are gay right? This would be a pity really.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
We're talking about male fashion. I think us talking about what we wear IRL is probably a good idea of what sort of things we'd like to see as male fashion.

I wear usually black t-shirts. Usually plain with a pocket, however I have a few graphic Ts, my favorite being one with Sonic the Hedgehog on it.

I'd love t-shirts here that appealed to gamers, but I think t-shirts with controllers on them wouldn't really work for the setting.

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote