Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #17  
I like some things from Green Day. She's a Rebel might be my favorite song by them. :)

~ You can dance if you want too,
You can leave your friends behind.
Because if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine ~
Old Posted 08-05-2011, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Goddess
Yay. A Green Day forum here too. :3 Hey Femme. ^_^
Questing: Locked Legends and Brave Victory. ^_^
Old Posted 08-08-2011, 08:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Have A Cup Of Me
Default   #19  
I used to be totally obsessed over them as well , when I was about fourteen I guess ... wow , that's already six years ago o.O
I haven't been listening to them much ever since , but I still like their songs every once in a while :)

I think the new stuff is horrible though . :(
Old Posted 08-09-2011, 06:59 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
wow, it's been years since they were cool in the circles i hung out in as a kid hahaha i have not thought about them in a long time
Old Posted 08-09-2011, 09:59 AM Reply With Quote  
System Start
Default   #21  
21 years old, I'm too young to have been in any kind of circles when they were in their early years, but I've been madly in love with them for about six and a half years now, and liked their stuff without knowing it prior to that. I've just read this book, "In China With Green Day", actually part of a zine that Aaron Cometbus writes (it's issue #54). He was an old friend whom they invited to tour with them in China. Coming from a background completely different from the high class living they enjoy now, he has a lot to say - but the book only makes me love the band more, and gain a little respect for the Pinhead Gunpowder drummer.
Come Chat With Me?

Or, if you're feeling crafty...

Knit or Crochet? Find me on Ravelry

¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!
Old Posted 08-25-2011, 11:49 AM Reply With Quote  
System Start
So I'm massively excited about the upcoming THREE new albums...
Come Chat With Me?

¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!
Old Posted 05-21-2012, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #23  
Eh, I like them alright, but over time, I'mm finding myself drifting away from English music (in general) to Japanese.

I used to love them. I still like them now though.
Old Posted 05-22-2012, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
System Start
Yeah I see a lot of people who do that on these sites, but I can't do the whole another language thing and anyway I already have a favorite, kind of like a soul mate, but in music form... I love others but none so much.
Come Chat With Me?

¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!
Old Posted 05-22-2012, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #25  
It isn't that hard. There are music videos with subs. And even then it doesn't matter, you can still feel the emotion behind it. Some music out there feels so fake, Japanese music doesn't yet so....there you go.
Old Posted 05-22-2012, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
System Start
Interesting cause all the Japanese music I've heard does seem rather fake XD. But I like to be able to sing along, feeling and knowing the lyrics, and I don't speak Japanese. English is my language and it is the language of any popular-style (songs, on an album, by an artist who tours - any genre) music that I tend to like. Anyway there is such a wealth of good stuff that already interests me.

Ironically I have a live album of Green Day playing in Japan... actually, two. Since one is an audio from the 90s and one is a DVD from the most recent tour.

EDIT: Also I don't watch music, I listen to it XD.
Come Chat With Me?

¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!
Last edited by femme gauche; 05-22-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old Posted 05-22-2012, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #27  
Are you just listening to the happy bubbly pop-techno stuff? (Which I will admit, once in awhile...I do listen to it >> <<). But in general I'm listening to some sort of Rock and whatever you want to consider Gackt.

Well, I'm on youtube with my music so I'm watching it too XD I get visual and audio XD
Old Posted 05-23-2012, 11:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
I don't like youtube for music, unless it is a specific video of a specific thing, but in general I listen to music without any corresponding visuals. I don't doubt that there is some excellent music which happens to be in japanese, but I personally don't have any particular interest to draw me from my mother tongue. At any rate even if I listen to and like some music in another language I remain limited in my understanding of it. While lyrics aren't everything, they're certainly something, especially in the music I most strongly favor. The thing which first drew me to loving Green Day and which coontinues to reaffirm that love. That isn't to say that Billie Joe is necessarily the greatest poet of his age, but his lyrics have reached me personally in a multitude of ways.
Femme Gauche: Mobile Edition
If you see me posting on this account, I'm most likely using my phone.
Old Posted 05-23-2012, 11:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #29  
I just feel that most music in English has gotten flat-at least the stuff I hear on the radio. It's all the same thing over and over again. So I kind of branched off into Japanese and a bit of German music -shrugs-

And I hate most of the rap music now on the radio....so I've got to listen to something else.
Old Posted 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I haven't really listened to Green Day since I was about thirteen and my older sister was obsessed with them. XD I don't really like them all that much and tend to skip their songs when they come on while I'm listening to Pandora. >.> I guess my sister just played them too much when I was younger.
I think I fell in love with the eighth world wonder. ♥
Old Posted 05-24-2012, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
System Start
Default   #31  
@Yokuutso: I don't really listen to the radio but from what I hear on the radio, I agree that music in general has gotten flat, but I don't particularly find that it is a language thing. Other countries' popular music tends still to imitate American, and whether or not the artists are in earnest is a separate matter. At any rate, when I do listen to the radio I rarely hear Green Day on it XD.

@Numb: I'm sorry to hear that but I can see that. Personally I ended up liking the stuff my older sisters listened to when I was younger, but most in my family have good taste in music. XD.
Come Chat With Me?

¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!
Old Posted 05-24-2012, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
System Start
The single "Oh Love", the first from ¡Uno!, came out earlier this week, and it's quite interesting. I hope everyone gets a chance to listen and give their opinions!
Come Chat With Me?

¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!
Old Posted 07-21-2012, 03:56 PM Reply With Quote