Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Written in Blood (-m-)   #1  

Pale eyes glared at the meager selection of information he could find on the subject he was researching. Stupid library no wonder it was closing, however his teacher demanded they had some research in hard copies. Did no one believe in the idea of books any more? The young boy twisted his thumb across his ipod switching to a better song. He leafed through yet another dumbed down version of general facts most of which he already had in his notes. Oliver slammed the book shut, its loud thump earned him many glances by the rooms quiet patrons. He simply slid the book back in its place on the shelf and continue to peruse the other volumes near that call number. Just as he was about to try his search again he came across a cloister of books that looked redeemable. When he picked up the last book he heard a small thump and something like childish giggling. He peered around to make sure he wasn't insane. Suddenly Oliver jumped. He turned to see one of the security guards. “Closing time, please bring all your books to the front for check out.” Oliver nodded dumbly as the man drifted to find more loose patrons. No he would not leave until he found something.

Drifting towards the children section he grinned feeling the odd tug of nostalgia. He paused for a moment and heard children giggling. He turned towards the section . It seemed different, perhaps because he was too old for fantasy or maybe the library just went through remolding. As he got closer he found that some one had abandoned a single thick volume on a the rocking chair. He bend down reaching for it fingering the embossment on the spine. Oliver opened the book idly falling into the rocking chair. Much to his chagrin it was blank. He flipped to the back wondering if there was a name or an address but it simply read 'the end' in some of the most beautiful script Oliver ha seen. He flipped back to the front thinking the book would make a nice sketchbook however there was text. 'sic incipit' the voice says 'so it begins' urgently and just barely. “so it begins?”

Words flew by Oliver's face and it felt like some mysterious force had put a vacuum cleaner against his stomach with the setting on full blast. He fought against it but in the end he tumbled into darkness surrounded by the mocking voice continuously uttering so it begins. When he landed the ground knocked the wind out of him causing his glasses to go askew.

( If there are any changes you want me to make let me know. )
Old Posted 09-09-2011, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
(it's beautiful, i've read beginings to novels at this calibur sans typos of course.)

it awoke from it's dreaming prince someone was touching the book. take it reached out.

sic incipit

it found fabric

so it begins?

it pulled.

the book was awake, it was awake, the story would once again begin. it bowed 'welcome my lord, i have been waiting'
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 07:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #3  
Oliver let out a heavy sigh, nothing felt broken that was the important thing. Not only that but the sucking feeling against his stomach had stopped. He groped around the ground for his belongings first finding his glasses and then his fingers felt the familiar canvas of his satchel. He had hopped that his eyes were deceiving him but even with his glasses fixed he felt like he was in an insane asylum with out the padded walls, drowning in a sea of white. When the voice spoke to him, he jumped pulling his satchel to his chest to act as a shield between what ever had called out to him. Frantic eyes searched the void but found nothing. “Whoo ar-are you?” He stammered but more to the point he asked aloud, his voice finding more firmness. “Where am I?”
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 12:14 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
it swirled into existance. 'my lord' it bowed 'you are 'i am whoever you want me to be' it paused 'and this your world' it looked up at him through it's bow a smile formed.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 12:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #5  
“Tch.” The voice would have to deal with Oliver's skepticism. “Stop calling me my lord.” he inched away from the thing that bowed before him. Its just a dream, you fell asleep in the library. He thought needing some sort of insane logic to cling to. Though a small part deep with in his subconscious admitted to never feeling self aware before. The smile crept him out even more. “Don't p-play with me.” Trembling hands searched his bag for a xacto knife, an artist greatest friend and weapon. This time he expected a decent answer from the thing. "Where am I?"
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 12:34 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
it stared curiously at the object in it's lord's hand 'i have no name for my lord but my lord, you are in the book, my book, my lord, name yourself and i shall call you by it' it's blank face lost the smile as it waited for a reply
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 09-10-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 12:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #7  
He tucked his knife closer to his body. He had seen way to many crimes shows and knew how this worked. As long as he gave this mysterious man what he wanted, Oliver could possibly get out of this alive. However that didn't mean he could have some fun with the strange man. “A... name?” his eyes searched his eye lids for an answer debating if it was worth it to lie to the creature. “Oliver,” He fought against the manners that had been drilled in his head and didn't offer the strange being his hand. “Which book?, it damn sure doesn't look like a book.” No it looked like Bugs Bunny had erased Daffy Ducks world and he was caught in the middle of the fray.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 01:10 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
'oliver' it looked as happy as it could without features 'the book of course, you touched me, woke me up, you are here' it did not know how to speak any clearer. it however felt the change in itself from oliver's secert wish, he let it form his shape. 'oliver' it looked pleading 'name me...please'
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 09-10-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #9  
Oliver staggered backwards as the thing moved forward. “What book?” He touched many books, after all he was in a freaking library. The more he watched the shadow the more it took shape. For some reason he stood transfixed staring at the man as the shadows curled into waves of long hair that curled around his skin. It reminded him even more of a fantasy novel since the newly formed man moved with grace. His eyes locked on to his and for a moment he forgot to breathe. Oliver was thankful that his imagination censored out the lower parts of the man by giving him black and red pants that reminded him of pirates clothing. “Who are you?” He asked again hearing it ask Oliver for a name. He looked a little dumbfounded not sure what to name it. "Fine, you can be Zosa." His steps backwards were hastening now any moment threatening to break into a run.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 02:17 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
it tasted the name ...zosa 'i am zosa' it's bow turned into a sweeping half-bow and his's skin melted into an ocean of tan his hair a luxurios auburn wave down his back. his eyes however became pearlecent like a sharks belly, like the gem still around his neck. a deviation from the wish. zosa took a breath in, deep and full, the sigh out fixed his features. he looked as natural as could be but for the eyes. zosa kneeled 'i am yours'
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 09-10-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 02:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #11  
For the moment Oliver stared. The man looked beautiful and was certainly something out of his dreams. Perhaps it was the fact that the strange man before him didn't actually speak, or that he just formed out of no where and decided to attached himself to Oliver. What ever it was, the sweeping bow and kindness was not enough to keep Oliver rooted in one spot for long. He did not trust it. “No...” He said in a small whisper of rebellion. Slowly his legs started to work and Oliver ran, into the void of whiteness not sure of where he was going. Clenching his eyes shut he prayed he would wake up soon.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 02:46 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
'...no?' he disapaited into the world again and watched. oliver ran as far as he could into void. zora felt a clench in his chest, his crystal hurt....no, under it. PAIN. he manefested in front of his lord oliver and caught him

(sorry, been lurking on your other rp)
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #13  
( Lol which one @.@ Also I have one small request BD that it snows.)

There was a loud slapping sound that echoed through the void. Oliver ran into something solid and fleshy. He tumbled a little bit trying to prevent both of them from falling. Instantly he opened his eyes to see that it was, the man. Startled deer like eyes gazed upon the man, inwardly Oliver cringed. “Listen, Guy.” He didn't know that he had actually named Zosa, he thought it was a joke. “I don't know what kind of sick game you want to play, but” He took a deep breath. “please, just let me go... I have a paper to write and... and...” He tried to think of more excuses not to be near the man. Something about him looked pain and made Oliver stop, he was sure he was going to die so he tried another tactic. “If I play with you will you let me go?”
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
oliver put his hands on zosa the warmth eased his pain the look the other gave before he began to cringe and ramble doubled it back again. zosa began be become upset, there was something wrong! he stood there oliver barely touching him barely looking but speaking fast and in an upset mater, all zosa knew was it had to stop so he did the only thing he knew to do. he placed his hands on the boy's chest and looked for a wish. a chill took him and he grew calm, from the greatest reaches of the voild snow began to fall. he could feel a crystal form under his hands

(mori)
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #15  
( oh god >< my demons are so bad. )
The hand surprised him, but the touch was gentle. He smacked Zosa's hands away. He did not desire the touch of a strange hallucination. Oliver opened his mouth to tell him off but something cold and wet tickled his nose and yet again on his shoulder and any where his bare flesh was exposed. A few more crystals danced about his face landing on his glasses. Oliver couldn't help but smile. Snow always made him happy. His lips formed into a small o blowing out long breaths of air and watching them turn into tendrils of wisp. Oliver brushed at the ones that cling to his hair with the cuff of his shirt. “Why did it start snowing?”
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
a smile. and a crystal pure as the snow falling around them both. 'when you wanted it to' zosa smiled then too, calm is what he needed. 'oliver....you've begun the story'
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 09-10-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote