Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Weaver of Tales
Default   #81  
Issac's pretty yellow eyes opened very slowly, as he started to come to. It was slow going, and he was still only half-conscious. However, he was conscious enough to let go of Razym's arm, though, and did so, lifting his teeth out of the wounds, and giving a long, apologetic look toward the thief. He put his head down on the bed again, and closed his eyes once more. He was awake, but only barely. Enough to let go of the other, but not enough to move or make any sort of reaction.

His skin was starting to heat up, and his face was flushed, easy to tell with the pale skin.
Old Posted 04-04-2012, 09:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
"Yes, I noticed...." Razyn commented offhandedly, quelling the urge to roll his eyes. How could he not have noticed? He wasn't dense, nor was he daft. He looked a bit surprised as the boy stirred, glancing down at him a moment. He was rather glad that his the boy was no longer attached to his arm, but concern was already starting to set in. The boy looked feverish, and though he lacked medical training, even he knew that wasn't a good sign.

Old Posted 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #83  

"I'd like you to rinse that off," Gabriel said to Razyn, his tone softening now that the catboy was, in fact, awake again. Compared to his previous state, the flushing hardly bothered him. "Hey, do you think you can drink something for me..." He frowned slightly and glanced back over at the thief. "You didn't happen to catch his name before-" He waved a hand slightly in a vague gesture to indicate the floor. "-did you?"

Proper magic works with nature and science. We simply don't understand enough to see the big picture just yet.

Old Posted 04-05-2012, 01:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
"His name's Issac." Razyn answered, already ripping the teeth-torn part of his sleeve off. Damn, the kid's teeth were sharp...he'd have to acquire a new shirt later. But that could wait; wasn't too terribly important at the moment. He reached to pick up the pitcher with his good arm, the other balanced on the back of the chair as he proceeded to rinse it off.

Old Posted 04-05-2012, 05:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #85  
Issac cracked open one eye, and looked up at Gabe with the remaining one, before opening his mouth - a sign that he could try and drink something, but he wasn't going to sit up to do it. He was very much in pain. He wasn't trying to be a brat, it was just that he literally could not move without exploding into a wave of agony.
Old Posted 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop

He nodded. "Wonderful." Gabriel moved to retrieve his nearly forgotten jar, rolling his wrist to make sure its contents were still mixed to his liking. He cast just a fleeting glance over at the thief, and then looked back down at the boy as he stood beside the bed. "Alright, Issac. This one won't taste very good, either," he murmured, lowering the container just so for him, "but it should help you get back your strength. There's not much I can do about the pain, I'm afraid, so I hope you plan on staying like this."

Proper magic works with nature and science. We simply don't understand enough to see the big picture just yet.

Old Posted 04-05-2012, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #87  
Razyn looked down at the boy, feeling a pang of sympathy. Poor little thing... he was in so much pain. Without much other thought, he rose, letting his injured arm fall limp at his side as he made his way to the other side of the bed, sitting carefully as to not jostle him. With his good hand, he reached out, gently petting his hair as he began to sing softly and melodically in a language long lost. He knew it wasn't much, but it was all he could think to do. He vaguely remembered his foster mum doing the same with him when he was hurt; it had helped then. Hopefully, it'd help now.

Old Posted 04-06-2012, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Although he was in pain, and about to turn and bite again... Razyn had found one of his weaknesses. Stroking. Of course, Issac had swallowed the medication - with a face at the taste, but was otherwise compliant. However, when Razyn started to stroke his hair and ears, and to sing to him, he went downright kittenish.

A purr started in his chest, and continued, as he closed his eyes. His tail twitched lightly for a few moments, then stilled. The only sound the boy now made was a constant, low-level purr that didn't seem to be letting up so long as Razyn was stroking him. He probably, also, wasn't thinking about pain. It was as if the petting were getting him... stoned.
Old Posted 04-06-2012, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #89  

Keeping a close, and rather curious, eye on the two, Gabriel moved to set aside the container along with the rest of the forgotten food. As simple as the rather stereotypical gesture was, he was glad that Razyn had found a way to calm the boy. It was certainly not something he would've thought to try. Singing, perhaps, had his nerves not already been shot, but not petting. Gabe wiped his hands off on his utterly ruined robe as his attention turned to the thief alone. "Thank you."

Old Posted 04-06-2012, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Razyn continued singing, his voice never faltering, never missing a beat or a note as it wove the tune and melody together as one. Only the bares of nods was given in response to the healer; he didn't want to interrupt the song with a verbal response. He noticed the boy's reaction to this method, storing it away in his mind for possible future use.

Old Posted 04-06-2012, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #91  
Soon enough, the boy was fast asleep again, tail twitching every now and again. But it was less a passed-out-cold sleep, than a natural one, and his body very much needed it.

And HE very much needed clothing. Issac was pretty much naked, what with having used his rags to try and mop up the mess he'd made of the healer's van. That included his pants. So he was running around bare-butt naked... well, except for the blanket.
Old Posted 04-06-2012, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop

It was some time after Issac had fallen asleep that Gabriel felt certain he wasn't going to wake again. Or at least, certain enough to turn his thoughts elsewhere. He sighed, looking over the boy's body, then turning his attention off to the door. "Right," he said quietly, and quite clearly to himself as he considered just what the hell he was going to do next. "I'll have to take a trip to the market in the morning..."

Old Posted 04-17-2012, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #93  
"Well, what do you need?" Razyn asked, his tone quiet as he sat on the bed next to sleeping form. Eyes rose up to glance at the taller man, smiling slightly. "I could get you the stuff at a pretty hefty discount...I have a way with marketplaces, I guess you could say." And be "way", he meant "way of stealing", but hey, who was splitting hairs?

He glanced at the sleeping boy a moment. "Well, clothes are first on the list. Can't have him running about naked as the day he was born. I can probably get those later tonight sometime...."

Old Posted 04-18-2012, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop

"I'm sure you do," he remarked, his tone utterly without judgement on the matter as his gaze turned back onto the man. "Especially with all the shops locked up and empty for the evening, is that right?" Gabriel shook his head. "Clothes are a must. There's quite a few herbs and remedies I need... Not that I mean to offend, but even on the off chance this little town has everything I'd like, I doubt you could pick them out."

Old Posted 04-18-2012, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #95  
"Well, of course. Hate trying to shop in a crowd, you know? Too many eyes." A lopsided grin crossed his face, and he chuckled a bit as the healer spoke. "...you have a point there, I suppose." Razyn commented after a moment of silence, shrugging. "Never really messed with medicine much, so it kinda all looks the same to me." He then glanced to the still-darkened window of the room. "You should try to get some sleep; it's pretty late."

Old Posted 04-22-2012, 04:05 AM Reply With Quote