Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Woo, Graduated High School
Default   #5057  
High five for snow love. <3 Most def. I'm originally from Finland and lived in Germany for awhile, now I'm in Texas and lord the winters are so depressing. I'm a cold weather person naturally too. Like right now there's now wind, it's muggy and hot as hell when my bff in Finland told me it just stopped snowing a few weeks ago and spring is finally coming in full bloom.

And don't feel bad, I just don't know actor names for shit. I'm the one person you can NEVER have a movie conversation with because I don't remember that type of stuff, but I looked up a picture and OMG SUPERMAN? (If that's the right face I saw.)
Old Posted 04-26-2012, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
yeah, lived in deserts and tropical places ALL my life, then moved out here for college. I will NEVER leave, this place has SEASONS, and about six months of winter, or winter-esque weather.

and yes, he was superman...smexy smexy superman.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5059  
I love the north. <3 And like you said it's REAL SEASONS. Fall is one of the most beautiful things to experience in a more northern area. It's a tie between Fall and Winter for me season wise. I think they're the most beautiful seasons out of all of 'em.

Agreed. Personally one of the best Superman's to have been around for that role. He's still kinda looking good even though his shape is changing. Didn't he do that.... shit what was it, believe it or not something? Or was that just someone who looked like him?
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
ah, yes, he did Ripley believe it or not...I think I caught two or three eps of that.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5061  
It was on a lot in Finland when I was a bit younger. We're a bit behind on TV so every summer it would be playing for a few years. I mean we JUST got House. (That's another show I'd like to meet a person from, Hugh Laurie (sp?) because I've seen his skits before he ever did House and they're hilarious.)
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
I don't think I"d like Hugh...he seems like a bit of an a$$, well, that's why I don't like House. maybe the actor himself is good enough.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5063  
Haha, that's where we differ. I love House the guy, and actually he's personally a lot more... light hearted, from what I've seen in interviews and stuff. Don't think he's ever done any type of convention type stuff. Which is interesting, that only certain genres and fandoms do this kinda stuff at all. I don't even know how many of the shows I'm into I could actually get this experience with.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
most fandoms do it, but some actors are a bit recalcitrant to join in. I know the English VAs for Integra and Walter NEVER leave London, but they came out for Anime Vegas last year...it was OMG amazing from what people said.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5065  
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with either of those [/ashamed] but that's awesome. That's one of the best things they can do to show love to their fandom. I hate to keep going back to Supernatural but it's the fandom I'm currently trippin' over and I think just about all of the major characters + a lot of the minor ones do regular appearances in Rome, London, this one in Brazil. And I think a lot of the times their accommodations and such are provided for them.

If The Tribe was still on TV or anywhere near relevant, I'd like to have met them, tho' the likely hood of that happening unless (especially now) unless you live in England, it ain't gonna happen.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
both those VAs are from Hellsing(the older series), a bunch of my friends pitched in and got Walter to record a voicemail message for anotehr friend who's a HUUUUUUGE fan. It's amazing.

and no worries, I never got into supernatural...I hear enough though about it from my roomie.

I can't think of a show I'd like to meet actors/actress' from...one here or there, but not a whole show.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5067  
D: I am so ashamed to say that for years and years I've intended on becoming familiar with it but only got around to having a few of the manga's and that's it. What I've seen I've loved tho', and the music to it.

Those are some really awesome friends. :] That'd be the greatest surprise!

I actually didn't want to watch it at all but one night I was pretty fucked up and decided, ok, I'll watch and episode. Wasn't impressed. (But then again I saw a season finale with no context) and then one night I had nothing to do and started watching it and it's my new addiction, haha.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
I recomend the new OVAs over the original series, I like the animation more, and it follows the manga. The old series does not. badly. But the VAs are amazing.

And, I can feel ya on the sudden fandom. For me it was a resurgence of a fandom. just got back into Who-verse. Was a huuuuuuge old Who fan, sorta fell into New Who.... While I dislike Eleven, a lot, I like nine and ten.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5069  
Do you know anywhere I could find that readily available? I mean I'm willing to pay, I just don't have that much access to a DVD player so if there's a streaming site or something that'd be great.

That's a trend I've noticed them do a lot more, re-making some anime's to follow the manga more closely. I think I really like it.

I really need to watch more of the old Who-stuff, some of it's on netflix and I've been slowly working my way to watching it because if you wanna be a fan, I feel like you should at least be familiar with the older stuff (whether you end up liking it or not). And high five for 11 hate. I just... I don't know, there's nothing special about him. The reason any episode I've seen slightly impresses me, is the side characters are done well.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
my favourite is goodanime . net for Hellsing Ultimates. They have all of them. It's free, and one of the better sites to watch on. You can also tray anime flavor . com They also have more recent Who in their Drama section(starts with nine I think...could be wrong).

And I'll be eternally sad we'll never get to see most of One and Two...stupid BBC for thinking the show was rubbish and not saving the tapes, or not taking care of them!

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 01:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5071  
Do those sites still work? Because a lot of the sites I used went down when megaupload and megavideo and all that got shut down. I'm hitting a lot of dead links nowadays.

Aaaw, I didn't even know that. Tho'! My sisters a HUGE Doctor Who geek and every Christmas/B-day I buy her a comic book of the original series, so you might get lucky there as far as the original story and stuff goes.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
both sites still work insofar as I've tried. I just recently watched about five days worth of shows on both sites(I get bored easily) though there may be an episode here or there that doesn't work.

And there's still audio and stills for a lot of the original two doctors, but none of the actual video. Or a very sad amount of it.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 01:22 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
conventions, cool place, cosplay